restrict Apps permissions

friddyxs

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
Hello

I have an old htc 510 (android 4.4) but still serviceable. Not rooted. I would rather not root at the moment.

I want to restrict certain apps permissions (play services and google play) witha bit more granularity than just on or off. I saw that xprivacy used to do the job but this is now only available for android 6.

Are there any similar apps to xprivacy that will do the job?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello

I have an old htc 510 (android 4.4) but still serviceable. Not rooted. I would rather not root at the moment.

I want to restrict certain apps permissions (play services and google play) witha bit more granularity than just on or off. I saw that xprivacy used to do the job but this is now only available for android 6.

Are there any similar apps to xprivacy that will do the job?
Hi, welcome!
You can long press play store or any app , then tap info , scroll to permission and change the permission you want there .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, welcome!
You can long press play store or any app , then tap info , scroll to permission and change the permission you want there .

The problem is that with such an old Android version, there is no permission granularity unless you root, I believe.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The problem is that with such an old Android version, there is no permission granularity unless you root, I believe.
If its not in by the long press then definitely should be in settings if I remember correctly. Your correct though it is very old Android version so I can be mistaken.

friddyxs

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
Hi, welcome!

Thanks for your responses, long pressing on app does not bring up info screen. it simply places a icon on home screen. If I access the app through settings on pressing app it brings up app info screen but the permissions do not react to pressing. This is why I was looking for something like xprivacy which will allow permissions control and granularity.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your responses, long pressing on app does not bring up info screen. it simply places a icon on home screen. If I access the app through settings on pressing app it brings up app info screen but the permissions do not react to pressing. This is why I was looking for something like xprivacy which will allow permissions control and granularity.
Gotcha..