\Husband came home and showed me his phone. It looked like a spammer sent a group text (chat) to his number. I went to the chat and blocked the number that initiated the chat.

Later he went to send a text message to someone and it says "start chat" instead of showing the regular message box. Also, the color changed. There is not option for "options and people " to change so we know it is stuck in this chat mode.

I'm sure there is an easy way to change it back to not show "start chat" and I don't know what it is. Yet.

D But, I'm just learning it myself as I'm on a different kind of phone.

I saw settings to disable chat. Restarted the phone.

It isn't fixed. It still says to "start chat" and the color shows red where he had me change to green when I set it up. Thanks for any help you can give to me.
    09-25-2019 01:38 AM
    Have you tried a different messaging app, such as Textra or Google Messages?

I have an LG phone, and the in-built messaging app was always buggy for me. I'm currently using Textra, which works well. I've also used Google Messages in the past with good results.
    09-25-2019 01:47 AM
    Did you mean to post your question in the Galaxy S10 forum? Your question seems to be about the LG Premier Pro (unless you're referring to your husband's phone).
    09-25-2019 03:42 AM
    We only use the message app that came with phone.

B. Diddy, I did not mean to post in Galaxy S10 forum- is that what I did? Sorry.

You are correct: this question is about LG Premier Pro (which IS my husband's new phone- )
    09-25-2019 08:32 AM
    @ Laura, only use the phones to text/ talk. We use standard message app as that is what we're used to.

We've always used LG and their built in message app without issue- until now. But would really like to stick with it as it is what he's comfortable with and I have to set all this up. Thanks.
    09-25-2019 08:34 AM
    Ok, I moved it to the General Help forum (since there is no specific LG Premier Pro forum, and the "Other LG Phones" forum is not likely to get much traffic).
    09-25-2019 11:26 AM