Tried going to my bank app, shows mandatory update, clicked on it and shows install, clicked on it, shows around 3 other samsung devises at home owned by husband & daughter and asks which devise to use. The rest of the devise are compatible while my own devise which is samsung sm n9005 says this item is nit compatible with this devise. unable to install the app & unable to go online banking
    10-01-2019 06:06 PM
    Unfortunately there comes a point where certain devices are no longer capable of running newer apps because of the operating system or the companies making those apps no longer support them for a variety of reasons. The apps have to be updated to newer features or security so that leaves no room for the older apps to run. Your only solution is to use another device. I'm actually surprised that it didn't happen sooner.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-01-2019 06:19 PM
    App creators will make the apps that are going to work on maximum devices, but some device are not capable. It is better to change your phone.
    10-02-2019 09:45 AM
    It's not so much that the device isn't capable - a Note 3 running a current OS should work fine.

@Charlyndausman, go to https://www.cyanogenmods.org/forums/...galaxy-note-3/ and follow the instructions. (If you can install TWRP without losing everything [which you should be able to do with the .tar file], do a data backup before installing Lineage, and copy the backup file to a PC for safekeeping - just in case.) Then you'll be on the latest version of Android for the Note 3, and the banking app should install with no problem.

(I'd do it if I had a 9005, just to make sure for you, but I have a 900A, and there's no Lineage for it [or a TWRP for it] - Samsung locked it down pretty well.)
    10-02-2019 03:01 PM