Cannot Add New APN

icu222much

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I need to configure my APN to the following information to use my Always Online Wireless (https://alwaysonlinewireless.com/) SIM card:

Name: AOW
APN: isp.ao.com
Username & Password: <Leave blank>

I unfortunately do not see the option to create/add a new APN on my device's APN page (https://imgur.com/a/mxkdAPg). Am I doing something incorrect?

Phone: Redmi Note 5
Android version: 9
MIUI version: MIUI Global 10.3.2

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There should be an option to either add a new one or edit the existing one. Try long-pressing the one you want to edit. If that doesn't work, try the reset button on the bottom. (If nothing works, use feedback [search for feedback in Settings] to let them know that the phone isn't picking up the correct APN from the SIM, and you have no way to add or edit the APNs. Then take the phone to Rogers and see if they can figure out what's wrong.)

icu222much

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Long pressing one of the existing APNs does not do anything (no other window or dialog appears). Pressing the Reset Button at the bottom of the screen refreshes my existing APN list. I still am unable to add a new APN.

I purchased my phone online and not from Rogers. Would my provider (Zoomer, which is owned by Rogers) still take a look at my phone?

icu222much

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I checked my SMS app (Messaging) but I did not see anything regarding updating the APN list.

Curious, why would updating the APN list be in the messaging app? Note that I am adding a custom APN.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Some SMS apps used to let you edit/create APN entries directly in the app. Not sure if any apps still let you do that.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
If I remember correctly -- not a safe bet -- older versions of Textra had this feature, but I am not sure how far back you would need to go to find a version with the feature still there.

At a quick glance, there seems to be a bunch of APN editors available at the Play Store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae