Android Macros? (Maybr wrong terminology)

Nik Edmands

Oct 6, 2019
Visit site
So recently I got a new car the supports WiFi blah blah blah,

My question is there a way or an app that would, when my phone connects to the cars Bluetooth, automatically turn on my personal hotspot so the car would connect to that too??

Sorry if it's a noob question. Thanks

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If it works that way, I don't have a car that connects to my device so I don't really know much about this specifically, but if the car can use your hot spot and just has to be enabled, there are several automated apps in the Play Store that can turn on your Hot Spot based on connections, location, open apps, time of day.... on and on but you get what I mean. Arguably the most popular one, or at least the most well known, is Tasker. If you search it there will be a list of similar apps if you don't want to pay for it that are free. It isn't much these days tho. When I got the app it was like 6 buck US. Meanwhile there is a lot of support, including some threads here at AC for Tasker. Taskerwiki is a great place to go and grab some pre programmed tasks, one of which would probably work for your needs.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Also worth a try.
I've replaced my macros with Routines from Goodlock which is working well for me. Try them all, but write down what happens to track all of the options so you can reverse them easily if one or more don't work out well for you.
Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy