A Customizable Floating Menu for every App like a status bar, that you can add or remove icons, would be helpful. Some icons like: share, copy, search, magnify, etc.
    10-20-2019 10:53 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Android doesn't provide every single conceivable feature under the sun -- that would be unfeasible. What you're suggesting is the kind of thing that likely wouldn't be a mainstream demand, but rather something a developer could provide as a 3rd party app.

You can always send feedback in the System Settings menu to give suggestions to Google about suggested features.
    10-20-2019 01:14 PM
    LG phones have a floating bar. Not exactly what you are asking for but it's a useful tool.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-20-2019 01:39 PM
    I believe Samsung phones also
    10-20-2019 01:47 PM
    And Huawei. Most question we get in the forums about this kind of floating icons are about how to remove them from the screen

They are several apps in the Play Store that can help you to get that functionality. Some of them create a floating icon that can be dragged around and others open a side menu when swiping in from the screen sides.
    mustang7757 and tube517 like this.
    10-20-2019 01:52 PM
    Share depends on the app. Some can share with some apps, some with other apps.

Copy, cut and paste have to be coded into the app.

Search where? In the document you're working on? On the web page you're looking at? For a post on Android Central? They're all totally different code, you can't have one 'universal" "search for " and a dropdown for all possibilities.

Magnify could be a system function - but to a lot of people, that would be a waste of storage. (I'm 77, and aside from "pinch-type" magnification of web pages with negative font sizes [or, at least, that's what they look like - some little grey spot at the upper left that stretches into text] I've never needed to magnify anything. [And I don't have a super-huge screen.])

It's really a matter of what's important - Google has X number of developers working on Android - should they spend time developing something that can be done in any of 3 or 4 different ways, or should they spend time fixing bugs, writing against viruses (there's a lot of malware protection in Android) and adding new features? Biometric code took a lot of man-hours. But now we have fingerprint sensors, iris scanners, half-decent facial recognition (and they're working on making that better), etc. Would you rather have Marshmallow with a floating menu? I wouldn't.
    10-20-2019 05:05 PM