I’m sharing my wife’s gmail calendar, anyway of not seeing all her contacts on my OP7T as well?

willis1917

Oct 27, 2019
Visit site
We share each other’s gmail calendars, she has an iPhone and I’m with the 7T. On iOS you can select what you see on the phone (contacts, calendar, notes etc)
I don’t see I have that option on Android 10... once I put her Google account on my phone, I get everything of hers (which I don’t want to see).
So for example when I go on WhatsApp, not only do my contacts come up, but all of hers aswell.

For the moment I have removed her account from the phone, and she just sent sends me calendar invites, but is there not an easier way?

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
On the iPhone your wife is just using the GMail app, on the Android by adding your wife's account to the device you will have access to everything on her account. These are 2 different procedures. Try adding a new gmail account via the email app on the Android device

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
First, log her Google account out from the phone's settings and make sure whatever you don't want is deleted. You should also see an option to turn auto sync off in that same settings screen. Turn it off.

Now log back in to your wife's account. Nothing of hers should show up on your phone due to the auto sync being off. Once you've verified that, put the phone into airplane mode. With no data connection, you can now turn auto sync back on, which gives you the options for the next step.

Go back into your account setting and into her account options. Select the options (calender, gmail, contacts, etc) either off or on as you desire. Once that is done, turn off airplane mode. It should now only sync what you want. These steps must be done in this specific order to prevent it from automatically adding everything as soon as you log in on her account. If it didn't work, double check that you didn't skip a step.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or you could just go to Google Calendar and add her calendar to yours. (Google add iphone calendar to google calendar and, if you want her to see your calendar add google calendar to iphone calendar, and follow each of the instructions.) That gives you finer control than mixing your accounts. (And you can have her calendar items show in a different color if you prefer.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Rukbat -- that's really the most elegant solution. It's easy to share your own personal calendar with someone else without having to get everything else associated with the contact mixed in as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463