I need a couple of roms, but most of the Xda forum link are dead

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello everyone!

As in the title, I need a couple of roms, but most of the Xda forum links are dead.

In what section of this forum can I post my two requests for a rom?

Maybe someone have it stored and can share to me.

The roms that I seraching are for an Huawei y300 and for an Huawei ideos U8150-D.

Thank you in advance.

1xx1

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
Need a speedy kitkat (or superior) rom for Huawei y300

Hello Android Central community,

As in the title I searching for a fluid, quick rom (with android 4.4 at minimum) for Huawei y300.

I have tried a cyanogenmod 11 nightly (slow) and one with cyanogenmod 13 - android 6 (the slowest rom I ever seen).

I need your help because all the rom I searched have dead mediafire/mega links.

Can you please share to me a rom with those requirements?

1xx1

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
Need a rom for Huawei ideos U8150-D for Whatsapp messanger

As in the title, I searching for a rom for Huawei ideos U8150-D, that allow me to get a working whatsapp messanger.

In the phone I have installed a rom called "madport" (made by LeoDeos) that have android 4.0.4, the fact is that neither the downloaded from playstore whatsapp, apk downloaded from "apkmirror" or old version made for gingerbread, works. All of them give to me the error "wrong date".

So I guess that something is wrong with the rom I have installed.

I ask to you, Android Central community, if you please share to me a rom that can work with whatsapp.

I know the usual "go to search of xda for roms" or "go to google" but most of the link points to dead mediafire (or similar) links. That's why I need your help.

P.S.:
Before installing "madport" the rom, other the usual battery at 100%, I made the following wipe: format system, dalvik cache, cache, data/factory
I installed the gapps for that rom too. I not remember if I installed immediatily after I applied the rom zip or after the first boot of the rom.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you're going to find a ROM for a 9 year old phone that runs current versions of WhatsApp. You'd have to find an older version of WhatsApp and hope it still works with the WhatsApp server. (You won't find many newer versions of ROMs for the phone either. It came with Froyo - 2.2 - and probably didn't update past Gingerbread - 2.3 - so if you fine a ROM at version 4 - Ice Cream Sandwich - you'd be lucky.)

1xx1

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site

As in the title, I searching for a rom for Huawei ideos U8150-D, that allow me to get a working whatsapp messanger.

In the phone I have installed a rom called "madport" (made by LeoDeos) that have android 4.0.4, the fact is that neither the downloaded from playstore whatsapp, apk downloaded from "apkmirror" or old version made for gingerbread, works. All of them give to me the error "wrong date".

So I guess that something is wrong with the rom I have installed.

I ask to you, Android Central community, if you please share to me a rom that can work with whatsapp.

I know the usual "go to search of xda for roms" or "go to google" but most of the link points to dead mediafire (or similar) links. That's why I need your help.

I don't think you're going to find a ROM for a 9 year old phone that runs current versions of WhatsApp. You'd have to find an older version of WhatsApp and hope it still works with the WhatsApp server. (You won't find many newer versions of ROMs for the phone either. It came with Froyo - 2.2 - and probably didn't update past Gingerbread - 2.3 - so if you fine a ROM at version 4 - Ice Cream Sandwich - you'd be lucky.)

I quite don't understand your post, Rukbat.

As you see in my past post, the whatsapp that is not working is on an Android 4.0.4. Are you telling me that the downloaded whatsapp from play store is not working with the whatsapp servers?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I quite don't understand your post, Rukbat.

As you see in my past post, the whatsapp that is not working is on an Android 4.0.4. Are you telling me that the downloaded whatsapp from play store is not working with the whatsapp servers?
Expect lot of apps not to work on andriod 4.0.4
Like windows 95 lot things wont work on it today .

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
The ROMs have dead links because they aren't being developed/supported any more. Those phones have such old specs and no internal memory that even if you had a working ROM you probably would only get one app to load on them.

Best thing to do is try and contact the devs (thru XDA) of those phone ROMs directly and see if they have any copies of the ROMs. It's a longshot but that's really your only hope unless you can find one somewhere else online.

1xx1

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
Re: Need a speedy kitkat (or superior) rom for Huawei y300

As in the title I searching for a fluid, quick rom (with android 4.4 at minimum) for Huawei y300.

I have tried a cyanogenmod 11 nightly (slow) and one with cyanogenmod 13 - android 6 (the slowest rom I ever seen).

I need your help because all the rom I searched have dead mediafire/mega links.

Can you please share to me a rom with those requirements?
The ROMs have dead links because they aren't being developed/supported any more. Those phones have such old specs and no internal memory that even if you had a working ROM you probably would only get one app to load on them.

Best thing to do is try and contact the devs (thru XDA) of those phone ROMs directly and see if they have any copies of the ROMs. It's a longshot but that's really your only hope unless you can find one somewhere else online.

However I still wish to use it, so I need to find one that suits the y300 cpu. If I get the name of a rom that should fit nicely, I'll ask the dev of that rom.

Also, as you guessed, is for a single app to be installed.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

However I still wish to use it, so I need to find one that suits the y300 cpu. If I get the name of a rom that should fit nicely, I'll ask the dev of that rom.

Also, as you guessed, is for a single app to be installed.

I understand you still wish to use it. That's why I said you need to dig a little deeper than a current phone/ROM. I've had to look for very old ROMs before and it's not always easy.

1xx1

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site

I understand you still wish to use it. That's why I said you need to dig a little deeper than a current phone/ROM. I've had to look for very old ROMs before and it's not always easy.

That's why I asked to the Android Central community for help, because I'm not good about finding roms. I wish to not try all the roms that I could find over xda (or other forums), but just a few selected that SHOULD fit on the Huawei y300 cpu and have android 4.4 at minimum.

Also I not pointing a gun to anyone, I know that this thing will take time.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

That's why I asked to the Android Central community for help, because I'm not good about finding roms. I wish to not try all the roms that I could find over xda (or other forums), but just a few selected that SHOULD fit on the Huawei y300 cpu and have android 4.4 at minimum.

XDA is the forum to look for especially for old ROMs. With all due respect to Android Central, this forum doesn't have the deeper/older development threads.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Tube517 said it correct, XDA Forum is more for root or Roms . Here more assist in troubleshoot phone issues on stock firmware. Even at XDA forum you'll see more popular devices with more ROMs for that particular device . Another to consider if you find one and gas issues or bugs you'll have to wait for that developer to fix it and that's if they do . You'll also need to know how to go back stock if any problems arise.

1xx1

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site

XDA is the forum to look for especially for old ROMs. With all due respect to Android Central, this forum doesn't have the deeper/older development threads.

Tube517 said it correct, XDA Forum is more for root or Roms . Here more assist in troubleshoot phone issues on stock firmware. Even at XDA forum you'll see more popular devices with more ROMs for that particular device . Another to consider if you find one and gas issues or bugs you'll have to wait for that developer to fix it and that's if they do . You'll also need to know how to go back stock if any problems arise.

I guess that you are saying that only the xda community could help me with that kind of phone.

Well.....thank you Mustang7757 and tube517 for the answers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance