Apps in the background resetting on reopen

wnr7

Nov 6, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I'm having a problem with my phone (Huawei P20 Lite). The best way I can describe this problem is that it appears certain apps are "resetting" when I reopen them after already opening them in the first place. For example, I open Google Maps, put in an address, look at the directions, and then if I go back to my home screen (not closing the app but leaving it on in the background) when I go back onto Google Maps, it starts the app from the start again as if I hadn't had it open and doesn't display what I was doing on it before. Basically its as if i'm opening it for the first time.

I have no idea why it does this, and I have noticed it with quite a few other apps as well. Is there anything I can do to sort this? I've tried looking at the settings, but can't find anything.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Huawei is notorious for overly aggressive RAM management in order to save battery life, and so the firmware is quicker to kill an app from RAM in the background. Do you have any 3rd party "RAM booster" apps installed? If so, the first step is to get rid of it. If not, then look in the system settings for Battery Optimization, and turn that off for the apps in question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy