I recently made some changes to my router settings to make it more secure. I only made changes to security settings that should have no affect on my android's wifi. After making the changes, I reconnected my phone to the wifi with the new password without issue. Connection is good, speed is good (I did an internet speed test on the phone), can browse the internet with no issues. But I noticed when trying to browse twitter that images/videos posted were not loading in. I also found that when trying to refresh/download podcasts, it was doing it extremely slowly, if at all. Downloading apps from the play store is also slow. When I turn off the wifi and go to data these problems immediately go away. It is not a firewall issue because when I disabled my antivirus firewall the issue persisted. I've checked all my network settings and everything is how it should be. I have restarted the router/modem/phone several times. How is it that my speed and connection are good but I'm having these issues loading/downloading?
    11-07-2019 02:59 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you give us more details about what changes you made to the router settings to make it more secure?
    11-07-2019 05:04 PM
    Thanks for replying. I should've included the router setting changes in the original post. I seem to have got it worked out. I did a factory reset of the router, then changed the security settings one by one back to what I had them, checking to see if the problem persisted after each setting change. Ended up with the exact same settings I had before but this time my phone wifi works without issue *shrug*. Thanks anyway!
    B. Diddy and ManiacJoe like this.
    11-08-2019 01:15 PM