I have an LG Android LML413DL smartphone, and it keeps denying access to an app that I downloaded from the Google Play Store....
    The app is called Screen on Call, and is supposed to stop the device from constantly making the screen go black in the middle of phone calls. It was working before, but after doing a factory reset of the phone, all of a sudden it has decided to deny access to the application now, whenever I try to make a phone call, so I have to keep constantly tapping the screen during the call, or it will go black screen, while I am still on the call.
    I have checked the Permissions tab, for the application, and it says Phone as the only option, but that is turned to on. As such, I am completely stumped as to why the device has decided to keep denying access to the application now??
    Honestly, I wish that I had never bought this smartphone to begin with, because it has a seemingly endless stream of bugs / glitches in it, that are keeping me having to relentlessly contact 'Customer Support', just to have a working smartphone, but this is the latest bug that makes no sense to me.
    I am hoping for a solution, or at least an explanation of what is causing this, and will be very grateful of it.
    Oh yes, and Thanks in advance!!
    11-13-2019 08:09 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Could you clarify something... When you say the screen keeps going black, how quick are you talking about? I.e. Is it almost instant, or does it time out like it normally does when not on a call? If it's almost instant, do you have a screen protector on? I've seen cases where a screen protector covering the proximity sensor will make the phone think it's against your face and turn the screen off. A good screen protector will have a cutout to leave the sensor uncovered. Then again, I looked at photos of that phone and can't tell where the proximity sensor would be. If you have a screen protector on it, I would try removing it and see if that improves things. It may also be that the proximity sensor itself is defective.

I know this doesn't address your exact question about the app, but I'm thinking the root problem is deeper and you shouldn't need the app in the first place.

Honestly, I wish that I had never bought this smartphone to begin with...
    This looks to be a third tier phone from LG, which does make good flagship and mid-level phones. Unfortunately low end phones like this one are pretty much bottom of the barrel in terms of specs and support (barely above no name knockoffs). In all honesty, you'd be much better off with something else. That phone looks to have 16 GB storage, 2 GB memory, and the Snapdragon 425 processor. By comparison I'm running an LG V20 from 2016, which has 64 GB storage, 4 GB memory, a faster Snapdragon 820 processor, and is an all around better flagship device. The V20 would blow your phone away and can be had on the used market for about the same price as yours (maybe even cheaper).

I'm not saying you should buy one right now. My point is that IF you decide your phone is a lost cause and you want to replace it, but cost is an issue, don't buy another low end device that sets you up to fail again. Consider the used market with older flagship phones. There is a risk there that the the used phone could break on you, but the flagships are better supported from the manufacturers, repair shops, and online communities like this. In this case, the V20 is also a relatively easy phone to repair. It has a removable battery and is held together with snaps and screws, not a fragile all glass body held together by glue.
    tube517 and aximtreo like this.
    11-13-2019 09:57 PM
    My apologies, if I was not clear, but it is almost instant that the screen goes black, during a call....
    As far as buying a cheaper device goes, that is not so simple really, because Tracfone only supports a limited number of devices, and I am sort of trapped into Tracfone as my carrier for the next 12 months or so, due to some kind of policy they have developed in order to mess with their customers. I WISH I could change carriers honestly, but Tracfone is like a prison, and once you are with them there is no easy escape.
    I also WISH I could get a different phone, and not lose my service / minutes / data, but like I said, I am trapped into Tracfone now, which is very restrictive on which phones you can use. You almost HAVE to buy the phone from them, or they will not support it.
    Irregardless, I think I have got the issue fixed now, after ONCE AGAIN having to do yet another factory reset of the phone, and install an application that stops the phone from putting the screen to sleep every 5 seconds, while you try to make / answer a phone call, but Thanks for the reply anyway!!
    11-14-2019 12:30 PM
    I am sort of trapped into Tracfone as my carrier for the next 12 months or so, due to some kind of policy they have developed in order to mess with their customers.
    I haven't dealt with Tracfone personally, but now you have me curious. Can you explain which policy you're referring to? It may be helpful to know in case others ask for info about them.

In either case, I'm glad you got it working and hopefully you don't run into this issue again.
    11-14-2019 12:43 PM
    TracFone makes you wait 12 months (if you bought a branded phone from them) to SIM-unlock it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-14-2019 07:23 PM
    TracFone makes you want 12 months (if you bought a branded phone from them) to SIM-unlock it.
    Ah, probably because so many people were buying those sub $100 phones only to go right to another carrier and trade them for a several hundred dollar credit on a new phone there. I remember that happening quite often when Verizon had a $300 trade in promo, where any working smartphone (regardless of make or model) got you the full credit.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-14-2019 07:33 PM
    I used them another way. When I moved in 2013, Sprint had a very poor signal here. My great nephew was here and had a Windows phone on AT&T and had no problems and, at the time, TracFone had a $10 phone on AT&T. So I bought it, tested it and found solid AT&T coverage all around, gave him the phone (he was about 9 and had lost his phone) with a 30 day card and bought a Samsung Note 3. So for $10 I got a good service monitor.
    11-15-2019 12:40 PM
    TracFone makes you wait 12 months (if you bought a branded phone from them) to SIM-unlock it.
    Exactly, but unfortunately, it is not as simple as just unlocking the SIM card, because the device itself is locked to Tracfone, like the phone is. So, you cannot just unlock the SIM card, as with most other carriers / sellers. Otherwise, I would have just gone out and gotten a new SIM card, to make the switch, instead of trying to unlock it....
    To me, this sounds almost illegal, but as some other responses have noted, they must have had a reason for this!!
    11-15-2019 07:16 PM
    Hope you don't mind, but I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.
    11-16-2019 10:46 PM