Prior to Android version 10, whenever I used Google Pay (previously known as Android Pay) to pay for a purchase in a retail store with a contactless device, the letter 'G' would appear in the status bar of my Pixel phone. The letter 'G' was a reminder that I paid for a purchase with Google/Android Pay, and if I either tapped or pulled down on the 'G' (don't remember which) I could see a summary of my transaction.

Starting with Android 10 (I think) the 'G' no longer appears in the status bar (or anywhere else.) How can I get the 'G' to appear again?

I found an image of how the 'G' previously looked - here it is:

Google Pay: Where Did the 'G' in the Status Bar Go?-g1.jpg
    11-24-2019 12:04 PM
    Go to Settings>Apps​, select Google Pay, then Notifications. Are they turned on?
    11-24-2019 12:17 PM
    Yes ... that's the first thing I thought of. All notifications are permitted.
    11-24-2019 12:53 PM
    It definitely still works on Android 10 on my Pixel 3 XL. Which phone do you have?
    11-24-2019 02:14 PM
    did you turn on notifications in the google pay app itself? check the app settings.
    11-24-2019 02:25 PM
    It's good to know that you're still getting the 'G' on your Pixel 3 with Android 10. That means my problem probably has nothing to do with Android 10.

Notifications are on, both in the Google Pay app itself and in Android settings.

I previously uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but I'm going to try that again, and this time I'll empty the app's cache and memory first. I'll also restart the phone before I re-install. Fingers crossed.
    11-24-2019 02:45 PM
    You could also try wiping the cache partition, but that depends on which device you have.
    11-24-2019 02:52 PM
    I uninstalled and re-installed the Google Pay app, and this time I emptied the app's cache and memory before uninstalling. I also restarted the phone before re-installing. I made no configuration changes to the app after I re-installed, i.e., no changes from default settings.

The letter 'G' does not display in the Android status bar when I use the Google Pay app to pay for a purchase, even though "See transaction details after you make a purchase" is enabled (the default setting.) A 'G' [I]does[I] display when I'm "near a store that accepts Google Pay."
    11-26-2019 09:25 AM
    Try wiping the system cache partition, if possible. I can tell you how if you let us know which phone you have.
    11-26-2019 11:01 AM