Recently, I don't know what happened to my Google play, I couldn't download some apps that I want. It always has a notification that your device is not compatible so I asked my friend. He suggested me another way to download is using apk, but I don't know how to download apk on android. It shows a variety of apk file such as obb, bundle,...
    11-27-2019 02:31 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If the Play Store tells you the app is not compatible, then it's not compatible for a reason. Trying to install an apk of the app could cause system instability. In addition, the sites where apks are made available can be shady, and there's no way to be sure what you download isn't infected with malware. I would recommend against that route.
    Buchheitpaul likes this.
    11-27-2019 02:40 AM
    So can u suggest some ways to fix this problem? or give me other suggestions to download apps that I want?
    11-27-2019 03:56 AM
    What device and version of Android?
    11-27-2019 07:23 AM
    If the phone is old and the OS is stuck on KitKat or thereabouts, then get a new phone.
    11-27-2019 09:13 AM
    Downloading an apk that's not compatible with your device won't help. THE APP isn't compatible with your device. The apk might install, but if it does, it either won't run or it will cause problems.

If you're running an older device, the reason it's not compatible is that it's not compatible with an older device.

As has been said, we need the make and model of the phone, the version of Android and the app you're trying to install. (If it comes in a bundle, it's a new app, app bundles are a new format.)
    11-27-2019 11:37 AM
    Well, in SOME cases Google Play also marks incompatible if it deems your hardware to be "too weak" for a certain app. I remember back with my first Android device (Galaxy Tab 2) it told me Real Racing 3 was incompatible even though I had a newer than minimum Android version. Turned out to be compatible, but on some maps was a tinge laggy. How did I install it? I got the APK from XDA forums. As for wanting to get APKs directly ripped from Google Play, use apps.evozi.com . Been using it for years and it is EXCELLENT.
    12-03-2019 02:30 PM