I was just minding my own business, chatting on discord and listening to pandora, when my phone glitched and died due to 30% battery (this part is normal). I plug my phone in, go to turn it back on and listen to my music, and when I tap on Pandora it says the app isn't installed. I think it's just updating, until I notice another app missing from my home screen. Discord. Not to mention, a lot of the apps in my actual app menu are unnamed, "uninstalled", and moved around. I currently have two settings apps and only one works. So, come to find out, Pandora, Discord, and I Can't Wake Up! have been deleted from my cellphone, but I still have the same amount of space as before (only like 300 mb due to bloatware). So, where did my space go, and why did my apps delete themselves? I can't reinstall them because I don't have enough space.
    11-28-2019 11:33 AM
    Did you move your apps to SD card? If so, that's most likely the culprit as the card might have failed or be corrupted, or simply the phone couldn't read it properly at boot and now marks all SD card apps as uninstalled.
    B. Diddy and Rukbat like this.
    11-28-2019 11:55 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I agree with SpookDroid. Also, if your phone frequently shuts down at 30% battery, then the battery is likely deteriorating. I would strongly recommend getting the battery replaced, and making sure all of your important data on the phone is backed up or synced, in case the battery completely fails without warning.
    11-28-2019 11:58 AM
    And make sure that, if you can't charge the phone when it's down to 45%, you turn it off. Lithium batteries are not deep-discharge batteries. (They're the lightest batteries available, they can be made very thin, but they're not capable of continued deep discharge. If you want a deep discharge battery for the average phone, it's going to weigh in at about a pound and a half. [Just the battery itself - and it's not going to fit in a phone.])
    11-28-2019 06:27 PM
    This seems to happen on my device after a major crash. Is this a fact of life when it comes to the Android OS?
    12-13-2019 07:25 PM
    This seems to happen on my device after a major crash. Is this a fact of life when it comes to the Android OS?
    From your other thread, it sounds like you format your SD card as Internal Storage so that you can install apps to the card. If you do that, then yes, it's a risk, since SD cards are inherently less reliable than onboard storage. If the card crashes or corrupts, then apps that were installed to the card will also crash and probably need to be reinstalled. As Mooncatt mentioned in your other thread, it's not a good idea to rely on Adoptable Storage as a way to expand your app installation space. Instead, always try to get a phone with as much internal storage as you can afford.
    Laura Knotek and SpookDroid like this.
    12-13-2019 09:40 PM