I am looking for some advice on how to back up and restore apps and configurations in case I lose or damage my phone, a Galaxy S7. I have a separate backup for my SMS and phone logs. I also enabled settings/accounts/backup and restore. Will that cover all my needs including the apps, etc.? thanks.
    11-28-2019 11:03 PM
    It should, but I'm a belt, rope and suspenders kind of guy when it comes to computers. If my original and my backup both go (and trust me, that happens - it just happened to me last week), I want a 3rd plan to fall back on.

App Backup & Restore will back up and restore all your apps, but not the settings, etc. If you want a real backup, install TWRP or CWM recovery - they can back up all data in one shot (which could take 10 minutes, but you just boot to recovery, backup, choose what to back up (usually only data), backup, then come back later to check the progress. Then store that backup on a laptop or PC, in Google Drive, in MEGA, and if the western hemisphere glitches, you can still get a copy from Mega. (Those recoveries back up the apps, their settings, any data you have saved, game scores, etc., etc. The only thing that takes more space than I want to spend in them is sdcard - but I can plug the phone into my PC and copy all of that myself.
    11-29-2019 02:13 PM