Hi

I have been given a mobile (Samsung A6) from work which previously belonged to an ex-colleague. Before they returned the phone they deleted all their data - however, when I tested a call to my husband, the ex-colleagues photo shows up. I have done a factory reset, I have checked accounts and only my accounts are showing. On contacts my profile is showing a giraffe!

Anybody please got any suggestions for anything I can try?
    11-29-2019 03:22 PM
    Go into that contact and change the picture to yours. (Also make sure that the Google account [in Settings > Accounts] is yours, and that your Google account has your picture. Go to Google Account to check. [If it's not, click the picture and drag yours to the place indicated. You can do that on the phone or on a laptop or desktop.])
    11-29-2019 04:13 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone using your own phone number, or did you take over the ex-colleague's number?
    11-29-2019 06:02 PM
    Go into that contact and change the picture to yours. (Also make sure that the Google account [in Settings > Accounts] is yours, and that your Google account has your picture. Go to Google Account to check. [If it's not, click the picture and drag yours to the place indicated. You can do that on the phone or on a laptop or desktop.])
    Thanks for replying I have checked all of these and they are all set to my pictures but unfortunately call still comes through as the previous owner
    11-30-2019 09:13 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone using your own phone number, or did you take over the ex-colleague's number?
    Thanks for your reply we retained the old/ex-colleague's number
    11-30-2019 09:14 AM
    Have you tried calling someone who never got a call from that number as the ex-colleague's number? If that comes up correctly, it's your husband's phone that has the problem, not yours.
    11-30-2019 01:19 PM
    I agree with Rukbat -- if it's the recipient's phone that's showing the wrong photo, then it's likely due to how the contact is set up on that phone, not on yours.

If you took over the ex-colleague's number, are you certain that you also took over the billing? Taking over the number means you're using the same SIM card, which means the wireless plan is presumably continuing unchanged from when the ex-colleague had it.
    11-30-2019 01:29 PM
    Thanks again for the responses. When I'm back in work on Tuesday I'll try calling some other colleagues - if that doesn't work there is a spare sim card so may need to try that instead. Thanks for the help
    12-01-2019 07:03 AM