Hi guys,

very happy with my new phone. However, i a have an issue that i have not been able to solve....

Music stops playing when my screen lock kicks in, it doesn't matter which app, tried several.
    Have also in the advanced battery saving options excluded all these, no result.
    And have now disabled any battery saving, no result.
    When on the wireless charger, music keeps playing, so hence my susption of some "saving" intelligence
    that is killing my output....

And related: how do i switch output (internal speaker <> bluetooth speaker/inears? I only have this option
    when placing/receiving a call. None of my music apps give me this possibility.

apps tested: standard google play, aha radio (yes, i am so lucky to own a kenwood dab car-receiver.... not),
    vlc, audify, music player....
    12-02-2019 06:04 AM
    Some Chinese brands have a very aggressive memory management that could cause such kind of issues. Have you checked your memory/RAM settings? Are you using any third party memory booster or cleaner app?
    12-02-2019 08:14 AM
    Settings>Apps>{app name}>Battery>Optimize Battery Usage

Switch the view from "apps not optimized" to "All", find your app and DISABLE battery optimization
    12-03-2019 01:31 AM
    Settings>Apps>{app name}>Battery>Optimize Battery Usage

Switch the view from "apps not optimized" to "All", find your app and DISABLE battery optimization
    Yes - that I have done already. Have also tried shutting down any battery optimalisation. And tried the "hi-performance" setting.
    Alas , to no avail.
    12-03-2019 05:17 AM
    Does this also happen with the stock music app? I'm not sure if the list you mentioned includes the stock app.
    anon(10181084) likes this.
    12-03-2019 11:06 AM
    OP should try Google Play Music if he hasn't already. Maybe even PowerAudio.
    12-03-2019 01:34 PM
    The stock player is the Google Play Music app. It stops, thats why I tried other apps. Only manufacturer app is a tool box (with uv-meter, compass, barometer etc) and a "sim-toolkit" (that does not respond - "not activated or installed) plus a game mode, that i haven't used.
    Will try the PowerAudio and report.
    12-04-2019 05:06 AM
    PS: found a sleep timer in Google Play Music - was not set, so also not the problem, alas. Power Audio also stops.
    12-04-2019 05:26 AM
    Maybe try an app like Stay Alive! to keep the screen on? Or does the music app stop whenever the screen locks, regardless of whether or not the screen is actually on?
    12-04-2019 10:23 AM
    Yes, any music app stops playing after screen locks, after about a minute. When on the charger it now also stops.... sh^%%$t. (Sorry... but now no more music in the car when in the wireless charging holder.)

Setting f.i. (translated from my dutch version of Pie) Google Play Music: background usage - no limitation, battery optimizing - not optimized.
    Ofcourse tried the battery enhanced setting as well, no difference.

And playing bluetooth --> earbuds, or just the builtin speaker makes no difference. Screen locks, after 60 seconds music stops.
    Have set the sleep timer in Google Play Music to a few hours - music stops
    12-10-2019 06:59 AM
    Unfortunately, it may just be an issue with Ulefone's firmware. You can try contacting their support, but the challenge with these lesser known Chinese manufacturers is the relative lack of support.
    12-10-2019 11:57 AM
    Yep, you are right about their support! They only offer a return form in case the hardware fails, the rest is up to the user. Well i got what i paid for
    On the bright side: my experience with problems/service on one of my Apples was also terrible.

Over the xmass period I will try a clean install, since it worked fine the first few days. But is a pain, since I mainly use it for navigation on my bike.... downloading all maps takes forever.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-12-2019 06:14 AM
    For the "switch to Bluetooth", you can try BTmono. I've used it for apps that won't switch, and it works.
    12-12-2019 04:40 PM
    Thx!!

And solved the problem!!!: It was the "Equalizer" app.... ditched it and the music keeps playing
    Javier P and B. Diddy like this.
    12-13-2019 07:14 AM
    Thx!!

And solved the problem!!!: It was the "Equalizer" app.... ditched it and the music keeps playing
    Excellent! Thanks for the follow up, it'll be very helpful for other users with a similar issue. Which equaliser app was it?
    12-13-2019 07:24 AM
    I think - but since I uninstalled it can not check- it was the IJoysoft version, but since they share the same "icon", it could also have been the Kucap version.
    12-24-2019 01:51 AM