YouTube not processing full quality

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I uploaded this video to YouTube last night. I recorded it in 1080p60, but YouTube is only offering 30fps playback. Normally when selecting 720p or 1080p, if the video is encoded at 60 fps, you'll see that noted on the quality selection. Not so with this one and I can see the difference compared to the copy on my phone, at least not when I try to play it back through the YouTube Android app. And idea why or how to fix?

https://youtu.be/U2H1wHHlEcg

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
re:

Ok, false alarm. It's not a YouTube issue. My LG V20 has a built in video editor to trim videos, which I used to cut out the very beginning of my recording. It has an option to also adjust the resolution, which I left at the original and thought nothing more of it. There is no option to adjust the frame rate, so I assumed it was left untouched.

Well you know what they say about assumptions... I used a media info app and compared the original and the trimmed video. The trimmed one was also reduced to 30fps, which is what I had uploaded. That's pretty surprising to me considering the AV abilities of the phone and that it's marketed to content creators.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech