Please help - phone reboots during any activity

crkhobbit

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The problem I'm having is that if I use my phone for any kind of activity, it will reboot or completely shut down. Often, just before doing so, it says that my battery is dead, even though I know it is not.

As an example, today I'm using that phone with about 80-90% charge when I get the message to plug in my charger, and then the phone immediately shuts down. After booting it back up, without any charging, the phone comes up and shows 70% charge. This makes the phone damn near unusable. Any game or app I try to use will cause this. Any real use of google maps will cause it. Basically anything that actively uses the battery causes it.

I have tried calibrating many times, but the problem persists. The only thing I can think of is maybe the calibration isnt' effective because the phone inevitably reboots before I can discharge it.

I do not use Wifi or Bluetooth, and only use GPS for google maps.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm reaching the end of my rope!

Background:
I have a Motorola Milestone XT720 from Cincinnati Bell. It has always had some random reboots that are annoying but livable.

The problem I have started after flashing a different ROM. I loaded a Froyo build on the phone, which was great for a few days before it went into a boot loop while trying to install an app that required root access - I can't remember the name.

So I reflashed to a stock UK 2.1 ROM that I'm currently running.

crkhobbit

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I went to the store and they replaced my battery for free, but it hasn't helped.

I finally got through an entire battery without a reboot during a calibration. I'm hoping that helped. It's only rebooted once since so far, but I'm afraid to actually use it much because I don't know if I can handle the disappointment if it didn't fix it, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol