I plan to get an Ethernet cable and put one end into the Ethernet to USB adapter and put the other end into the PS4, then plug the micro USB from the adapter into my phone. Will this boost my connection and speeds?
    12-07-2019 05:06 PM
    Depends on the device you're using. Not all devices support USB-to-Ethernet adapters, and furthermore, not all carriers allow hotspot functions over USB. You will likely not see any improvement in speeds, however, as that is still being handled by your phone. The only thing that could improve is connection to the PS4 (which, if you place close to the phone, shouldn't be a problem over WiFi either) or if the cable allows you to place the phone where it has a better signal (for instance, if you're in a concrete room that attenuates signals and might be better to have the phone by a window).

Also remember that if you're using the phone for hotspot functions, doing anything else on the phone in the background might affect speeds as this also takes processing power.
    12-07-2019 05:20 PM
    Or if you're near the router you probably use for internet for other devices (in other words, it's in your home), just connect the PS4 to the router by cable. (You can use a maximum of 328 feet of CAT6 cable, so that should cover any situation.) Unless you're getting fantastic speeds at the PS4 from the phone, you should get better speed with a direct connection to the router. (But remember, a 200mbps speed test doesn't mean 200mbps from whatever server you're connected to - you may only be getting 5mbps over anything but a short haul, so going from WiFi to Ethernet probably won't affect your speed at all. Even getting a gigabit 5G connection won't. That's still from the carrier to you, it has nothing to do with that Commodore 64, connected to the internet by 200 miles of wire nailed to trees, in the African jungle - from which you're only getting 25kbps downloads.)
    12-07-2019 05:36 PM
    Do you know if a Huawei p smart supports Ethernet to micro USB
    12-09-2019 07:22 PM
    Not to be snarky, but do you see it in the hotspot settings? Sometimes the answer can be had just by looking at the device.
    12-10-2019 06:16 AM