Best way to keep your Samsung phone and photos always backed up

lenpro

Jun 14, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

Just wondering for all you Samsung phone users out there, what's the best way to make sure your ENTIRE phone is backed up and is always ready in case you smash your screen/phone and make recovery difficult.

Is Google Drive (I think it's called Google One) now the best way to ensure contacts, samsung notes, photos are all backed up every day? Is Samsung Cloud pointless?

And how do you make sure that if you delete some photos on your phone, it would not also be deleted in the Cloud, say in Google Drive? I've read that some users experienced deleting their photos in their phones only to find out that it also has been deleted in the Cloud.

Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I use the following:
Google back up which is google drive
Samsung cloud
Smart switch
Sign into my Samsung account in case I get lock out or need to erase data to remotely gain access
Turn on google photos to sync my pictures and videos.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been using TWRP since about 2013. One shot and all of user space is backed up. Then copy the backup to a PC or the cloud.

lenpro

Jun 14, 2019
Visit site
Thanks. What's your current 'setup'? What do you back up in Samsung that you can't in Google? Also, how can you configure photo backups so that whenever you delete stuff from your phone, it wouldn't be deleted in the Cloud as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678