Hello all,

Posting in this forum to get some insights from this android community here.

I'm seeing some weird issues with my Moto X Pure edition phone lately. They just started out of no where.

Initially, the touch screen suddenly began to be unresponsive out of the blue and so I restarted the device.

But when the phone rebooted, it started to just hang on the Motorola logo screen.

I have tried to get into "Recovery Mode" in order to "wipe cache partition" hoping for a magical fix but when I select it, the phone goes right back to the logo screen and then just stays on that screen (which was happening earlier ) until I remove the charger, which is then followed by the low battery symbol.

But even though how long I keep it on charging, it still shows that low charge red symbol, but on the boot screen during charging, i see a message 'Battery OK (charging)'

I'm a bit confused on this behavior and what needs to be done next. Can anyone please help me out and advice me ?

thank you very much !
    12-19-2019 07:54 PM
    Hello all,

Posting in this forum to get some insights from this android community here.

I'm seeing some weird issues with my Moto X Pure edition phone lately. They just started out of no where.

Initially, the touch screen suddenly began to be unresponsive out of the blue and so I restarted the device.

But when the phone rebooted, it started to just hang on the Motorola logo screen.

I have tried to get into "Recovery Mode" in order to "wipe cache partition" hoping for a magical fix but when I select it, the phone goes right back to the logo screen and then just stays on that screen (which was happening earlier ) until I remove the charger, which is then followed by the low battery symbol.

But even though how long I keep it on charging, it still shows that low charge red symbol, but on the boot screen during charging, i see a message 'Battery OK (charging)'

I'm a bit confused on this behavior and what needs to be done next. Can anyone please help me out and advice me ?

thank you very much !
    Hi, can you factory reset in recovery?
    12-19-2019 08:28 PM
    The battery sounds like it's nearing its end of life and can't hold a charge. You may have to look into replacing the battery.
    Scott337 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-21-2019 01:32 PM