What is Google account backup vs Samsung account backup differences?

Is using either one enough?

How to schedule auto daily backup?

How do you guys deal with this problem "Google Will Delete Your Backup If You Haven't Used Your Android Phone in 60 Days"? source https://lifehacker.com/google-will-d...our-1816363955 https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...backup_if_you/
    If I lost my phone or if my phone is faulty for 60 days, it seems like I would lose my google backup, any better solutions to prevent the backup from deleted?

Thanks
    mayblasting007 likes this.
    01-09-2020 01:28 AM
    "Too many backups" is a meaningless phrase. You can never have too many.

With Google, just leave sync enabled. (I'm not sure about Samsung, but it's about the same.)

any better solutions to prevent the backup from deleted?
    I have TWRP installed and always take a backup when I'm doing anything that may cause me to mess something up. Every update. Every "let's try this". I copy the monthly (Google updates monthly) updates to my PC and keep the latest one on Drive, and delete the ones that I didn't need as safety.
    acsurfer likes this.
    01-09-2020 02:45 PM
    What is Google account backup vs Samsung account backup differences?

How do you guys deal with this problem "Google Will Delete Your Backup If You Haven't Used Your Android Phone in 60 Days"? source https://lifehacker.com/google-will-d...our-1816363955 https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...backup_if_you/
    If I lost my phone or if my phone is faulty for 60 days, it seems like I would lose my google backup, any better solutions to prevent the backup from deleted?

Thanks
    I use both always
    Samsung advantages is it will sync your data , message,apps , pictures and have find my Samsung which is way better then find my phone by Google you can remotely unlock or lock your device save data ,or erase . I also use Google photos for backing up pictures and Google drive for other things like WhatsApp and files . I would use both as you have them both to your advantage.
    acsurfer likes this.
    01-09-2020 03:21 PM
    1. Assume my phone is lost/stolen. After I buy a new phone can I restore all data back into the new phone by using Google/Samsung backup correct (so the new phone will have everything that was in the old phone)? After restoring everything how to destroy the data in the old phone (e.g. delete photos, logout gmail accounts still logged in browser, logout apps still logged in, delete sms/history, logout and delete google calendar, google keep, whatsapp, telegram...)

2. After doing Google backup and Samsung backup, is there anything else in this article that you need to do? This article was written in 2015, I am not sure if Google backup and Samsung backup will include everything in this article https://forums.androidcentral.com/am...id-device.html

3. Should you restore Google backup first then restore Samsung backup, or restore Samsung backup first then restore Google backup? Will it cause any problems/corruption since they might restore the same item/data?

4. Should you use Samsung smart switch first then restore Google/Samsung backup, or restore Google/Samsung backup first then use Samsung smart switch? After doing Samsung smart switch do you still need to restore Google/Samsung backup? (It seems like samsung smart switch is more complete moving everything from old phone to new phone.)

5. I wonder what do non-Samsung phone users do, since they do not have Samsung backup do they only do Google backup?

Thanks.
    01-09-2020 08:02 PM
    Once you set up the device first time and log into your Google and Samsung account the sync will take place as it will ask you what you want to sync on set up page .

I use few other andriod devices , and they use Google back up which is not t as good as having Samsung and Google together .

Smart switch is another good back up tool , on your phone you have very similar Samsung cloud which you can make few cloud backup can restore at different dates you want . So if you restore a back up 6 months ago and made one now you have either one you want to restore.
    acsurfer likes this.
    01-09-2020 09:13 PM