Cannot even see screensaver clock on LG Android smartphone, is there a way to make it brighter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I have an LG LML413DL, using Android 8.1.0, which I know is an older model / system, but I have a difficulty seeing the clock screensaver because it is so dark against the back screen,,,,
I am curious if there is a setting to increase the brightness of the screensaver??
Thanks in advance!!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
So far as I can see, you posted five times, in two different forums. This causes much confusion, and requires Moderator attention and deletions.
I don't know why you had the trouble that you described in one of your posts, but I think you're up-and-running now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure -- you're talking about the Screensaver feature that shows up when you're charging, or the lockscreen?

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
So far as I can see, you posted five times, in two different forums. This causes much confusion, and requires Moderator attention and deletions.
I don't know why you had the trouble that you described in one of your posts, but I think you're up-and-running now.

I just responded to this, but do not see it anymore, did you delete my reply??

Wow, moderator attention and deletions seems to be instant here....
Sorry for any confusions, but was hoping for a solution, and never got one as yet!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just responded to this, but do not see it anymore, did you delete my reply??

It's possible your initial reply was automatically flagged by the forum software. This happens for various reasons in an attempt to prevent spam (e.g., a short post with a link, or certain keywords in the post, or perhaps a number of duplicate posts). It even happens to me sometimes, so the automatic function does not discriminate between new members and ancient members.

Also, sometimes the forum glitches and a person's post gets duplicated for some reason, so apologies if you didn't intentionally post multiple times.

You mentioned not getting a response yet, but I did reply on 1/25. Did you see that?

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure -- you're talking about the Screensaver feature that shows up when you're charging, or the lockscreen?
When it is charging, at first the phone came with a built in screensaver that was like a rainbow pattern, but after an update of some sort, that I did not approve, it now only has the weather, or a clock, and these are so dark that I can barely see them....
I was hoping for a screensaver that was a.little less dim, so that when it was on I could see it, instead of just a dark screen. However, I am getting constant grief from the moderators here, who claim I have posted this same question before somewhere, so any answer you provide may be deleted by them!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Show us a screenshot of the Settings>Display>Screensaver menu so that we can see what options you have.

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Show us a screenshot of the Settings>Display>Screensaver menu so that we can see what options you have.

A screenshot, from my phone??
How would I give you a screenshot from my phone exactly??

For the record, this is the 1st and ONLY time I have posted this question moderators.
So, PLEASE don't go on a warpath about forum guidelines, and let me get at least a SINGLE answer without being harangued about violations!!

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
You mentioned not getting a response yet, but I did reply on 1/25. Did you see that?

Yes, of course I saw that post, i responded to it just after, and it was not an answer really, but a further question, to which I replied with the information asked for!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A screenshot, from my phone??
How would I give you a screenshot from my phone exactly??

For the record, this is the 1st and ONLY time I have posted this question moderators.
So, PLEASE don't go on a warpath about forum guidelines, and let me get at least a SINGLE answer without being harangued about violations!!

Listen, you really have to tone it down. I am only trying to help. Understand that we can't always give a definitive answer on the first response -- many times, we need more information before we can try to give a helpful answer. And if you don't know how to post a screenshot, just ask. On any Android device, you can take a screenshot by pressing Power and Vol Down together (it can be a little tricky sometimes, since both buttons have to be pressed at exactly the same time, and held down for about a second). Then you can post the image on the forums. Here's how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

The reason I'm asking for a screenshot of that menu is (a) to make sure the screensaver option on your phone is the same as on my Pixel 3 XL (because different manufacturers can have different menus, and I don't want to lead you on more of a wild goose chase based on the menu I see which might be different), and (b) so I can see what options the system is actually providing you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, of course I saw that post, i responded to it just after, and it was not an answer really, but a further question, to which I replied with the information asked for!!

BTW, you didn't respond to my question immediately after -- only after I prompted you again on 1/29. I can see deleted posts on this thread, and none of them were a response to me until 1/30. I mention this not to be snooty, but only because you expressed dismay that no one was offering a solution yet. And as for your assertion that my response wasn't an answer really, but a further question, see my post above about how it can be helpful to get more information.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Usually, the set up of the screensavers are set on the system level. To clarify, the coding for the screensaver. I am not even sure with root access if that can be changed.

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
BTW, you didn't respond to my question immediately after -- only after I prompted you again on 1/29. I can see deleted posts on this thread, and none of them were a response to me until 1/30.

I cannot see these 'deleted posts' you are referring to myself, as they are not able to be seen by forum members, only by the moderator teams....
If it took me a couple of days before replying to a request for more information, it is because I was not getting notification that there even was a response to my posted question. I am starting to get Email notifications this past week, showing there has been activity on my thread, but before that I was getting nothing at all, even on my old Email address, which is not an Email that I constantly check truthfully.
In any case, the answer you wanted, I provided, and it has led to nothing more I can see.

The reason I'm asking for a screenshot of that menu is (a) to make sure the screensaver option on your phone is the same as on my Pixel 3 XL (because different manufacturers can have different menus, and I don't want to lead you on more of a wild goose chase based on the menu I see which might be different), and (b) so I can see what options the system is actually providing you.

In reality, this may actually just be an issue with the phone itself, and I have contacted Tracfone, from whom I purchased the phone, and requested that I be given a replacement....
As such, I may have been wasting my time here, asking questions about a phone that is defective, and will check back once I have the new device!!

That all having been said, I did download the Android Central app. on the phone, but since the replacement phone I will be getting will not have anything I saved on this phone anymore, I will wait and see if the replacement phone has the same issues still, and provide a screenshot, as instructed at that time!!

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
On that note, I think I am done with these questions for now, and may check back in the future if the problem persists....
As well, at that time, I will cross my fingers that everything I post here is not immediately removed, for some reason!!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
* Note that I shall not reply to your last PMs to me, which, after I tried to help you, contained some unpleasant comments with no foundation in fact.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In reality, this may actually just be an issue with the phone itself, and I have contacted Tracfone, from whom I purchased the phone, and requested that I be given a replacement....
As such, I may have been wasting my time here, asking questions about a phone that is defective, and will check back once I have the new device!!

That all having been said, I did download the Android Central app. on the phone, but since the replacement phone I will be getting will not have anything I saved on this phone anymore
When you get the new one, you can transfer everything from the old one.

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Note that I shall not reply to your last PMs to me, which, after I tried to help you, contained some unpleasant comments with no foundation in fact.
Somewhat confused by this, as I do not recall specifically what 'unpleasant comments' you are referring to....
Then again, you never seem to have anything pleasant to say to me, so perhaps it is for the best.

When you get the new one, you can transfer everything from the old one.
I have heard this before, but when I tried to follow the advise given, my phone seemed unable to complete the steps for some reason....
Instead, I intend to just type up a record of my contacts, and just eat it on the other stuff, as it is not crucial really!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you found your answer. Going to close this thread down due to all the back and forth.

Issues? PM me.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol