I have a 2010 Samsung model SGH-1927, with Android 4. I specially ordered this model because it has a slide-out keyboard, which helps accommodate my arthritic hands for texting.

Lately, it has been rebooting itself at random, and the power button is super-sensitive to the slightest touch. I know I can't do anything about the power button, but could the rebooting be a battery problem? Like, would replacing the battery possibly help?

Any input is welcome. I cannot afford any newer models of phones at this time.
    01-27-2020 03:57 PM
    It could be a number of different issues. In terms of battery, if it's otherwise holding a charge for a reasonable amount of time, without severely decreased battery life throughout the day, then the battery itself is probably ok. After it reboots, is the battery level suddenly a lot lower?

It could also be a problem with the battery contacts -- if the connection is loose, that might cause the phone to shut off without warning. On some phones, I recall people having to do things like insert a business card or folded piece of paper to make sure the contacts remain properly aligned.

A faulty Power button could also lead to this behavior, as well as less specific motherboard or firmware issues. The best thing to do might be to bring it to a repair shop for further diagnosis.
    01-27-2020 04:06 PM