Cannot make phone call without screen going dark

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Hello all, me again, and I have a new question that I thought I had solved, but is back again....
My LG LML413DL model Android 8.1.0 smartphone is not letting me make or receive phone calls without having to constantly tap on the screen to keep it from going dark. I say I thought I had this solved because I installed an app called Keep Screen On, which would stop the screen from ever going dark, but this has stopped working strangely, and now it is back to the same stupidity.
I Have heard that this may have something to do with some ignorant thing called a Proximity sensor that has no purpose at all, except to be annoyance. I have the phone set to shut down screen after 15 minutes, and the screensaver set for 30 minutes, but this is happening every couple of seconds while I try to have a call. The screen is desperate to go dark relentlessly.
I was hoping for an answer, even though I have as yet, never gotten an answer here. Please clarify this for me, and Thanks in advance!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, your good here.. posting same question more then multiple times is against forum rules.

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Please note that multiple posting, especially in different forums as in this instance, is counter to the site's rules, as I explained when you did it with your first thread linked above. Those rules have not changed in the last 2d, and apply just as effectively to this second thread.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The purpose of the proximity sensor is to turn off the screen when you have the phone against your ear so that your face does not accidently press buttons on the screen.

If the screen is turning off when your phone is not next to your face, you may have something blocking the sensor, for example a bad-fitting screen protector or bad-fitting phone case.

In great detail, what is the exact behavior you are seeing with your phone?

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Nor will you get an answer if you don't respond to members' questions. How could you expect to do so? Members are trying to help you here, but you seem to have abandoned the thread: https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=991103

Abandoned the thread?? What are you talking about, I just opened this thread yesterday??
Also, I am not responding to all questions here, because I am not getting notified of responses for some reason.

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Please note that multiple posting, especially in different forums as in this instance, is counter to the site's rules, as I explained when you did it with your first thread linked above. Those rules have not changed in the last 2d, and apply just as effectively to this second thread.

I have been dealing with this issue since I got the phone, and it is still an issue....
I was not made aware of any solutions being posted to previous attempts to get an answer!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So is this happening on speakerphone, or regular mode?

BTW, the Community Guidelines are what were being referenced above: https://forums.androidcentral.com/volunteer-hub/778825-community-rules-guidelines.html. There's a mention there about not cross-posting the same question on multiple subforums. The problem that can occur is that multiple parallel discussions get started, which can be confusing (for both you and other members) and redundant.

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
So is this happening on speakerphone, or regular mode?

BTW, the Community Guidelines are what were being referenced above: https://forums.androidcentral.com/volunteer-hub/778825-community-rules-guidelines.html. There's a mention there about not cross-posting the same question on multiple subforums. The problem that can occur is that multiple parallel discussions get started, which can be confusing (for both you and other members) and redundant.

I have been TRYING to get answers about why this website has me registered for 2 different accounts, but all I keep getting is notifications of forum rules / guidelines, which is creating my confusion truthfully....
It seems you cannot post anything here without violating some guideline, or another!!

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
If I get one more warning about Forum Rules / Guidelines here, I am going to give up on getting help from this website, because it feels that posting anything here is a violation of some sort!!

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
If I get one more warning about Forum Rules / Guidelines here, I am going to give up on getting help from this website, because it feels that posting anything here is a violation of some sort!!

You currently have two accounts.

Zilo9 and Zachariah Lloyd. You keep getting warnings because you have two accounts, and you keep posting the same thing over and over in multiple threads. Both of those things are against the forum rules. Looking at your accounts, the Zilo9 account has more posts on it, so I suggest continuing to use that one and we will cancel the Zachariah Lloyd account.

That will stop you from being warned about multiple accounts and you'll have to take it upon yourself to stop posting the same question over and over. Once your Zachariah Lloyd account has been closed, you can update your Zilo9 account with your proper email as it will no longer exist in the system already. As for seeing 'technical errors' when you post, that's your adblocker or script blocker interfering with the posting system.

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Zilo9 and Zachariah Lloyd. You keep getting warnings because you have two accounts, and you keep posting the same thing over and over in multiple threads. Both of those things are against the forum rules. Looking at your accounts, the Zilo9 account has more posts on it, so I suggest continuing to use that one and we will cancel the Zachariah Lloyd account.

I honestly do not recall the Zachariah Lloyd account that you are referring to, but if you could close it for me that would be helpful....
I attempted to reset the password on that account, but the reset link would not work, so yes please close that account, and I will try to avoid duplicate posting from here forward!!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I honestly do not recall the Zachariah Lloyd account that you are referring to, but if you could close it for me that would be helpful....
I attempted to reset the password on that account, but the reset link would not work, so yes please close that account, and I will try to avoid duplicate posting from here forward!!

Ok your account Zachariah Lloyd has been closed as you requested, all of their posts now belong to your current username >>> zllo9. Which you can view by clicking on your avatar> then on that popup screen >posts

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Ok your account Zachariah Lloyd has been closed as you requested, all of their posts now belong to your current username >>> zllo9. Which you can view by clicking on your avatar> then on that popup screen >posts

Thanks for the information, and for closing the unused account!!

zllo9

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site

Thanks for the information, and for closing the unused account, however I am uncertain that this actually removed my current Email address from already being registered here, which was the main reason I agreed to close the other account

As shown, contrary to what I was told previously, I am not able to change to my current Email address now that the two accounts are merged:

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 8.18.21 PM.png

I post this screenshot to show this, but I am certain this is some kind of petty violation as well, being that EVERYTHING is on this website.
It has personal information about me because my Email address is necessary to get the error message.
In any case, how can I change the Email on my account from an older address, to my current Email address, which the site claims is already registered, and thusly cannot be used again please??
Can you remove a registered Email so I can use it properly?? Because I do not recall having ever registered my current Email address here before!!

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^ Just tap the Android icon next to your username at the top left of your post. (That is the default avatar, but you can choose your own avatar image if you wish.) After tapping, you will see your post count; tap on that to see the posts themselves. There are two types: 'Started by' and 'Replies'.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the information, and for closing the unused account, however I am uncertain that this actually removed my current Email address from already being registered here, which was the main reason I agreed to close the other account

As shown, contrary to what I was told previously, I am not able to change to my current Email address now that the two accounts are merged:

In any case, how can I change the Email on my account from an older address, to my current Email address, which the site claims is already registered, and thusly cannot be used again please??
Can you remove a registered Email so I can use it properly?? Because I do not recall having ever registered my current Email address here before!!

So you want to change your email to the one showing in your screenshot,since your current email is different then that ? So the email currently being used is slightly different then the one in the screenshot. This needs to be looked into by accounts dept.

Also please remember,, you did not remember that you made the account of Zachariah Lloyd... but you did.

If so you will need to contact an Admin. such as Bla1ze in post number 14 a few posts above. They will get you in contact with the people who can look into that for you.
Since accounts dept email may have recently changed. They can tell you for sure what emails have been used on this site and what exactly is going on

As far a guidelines go here is a link and you can read what the guidelines are .

https://forums.androidcentral.com/volunteer-hub/778825-community-rules-guidelines.html#post5715201

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa