Hi there,

I found this tough to search for, so apologies if this has already been asked & answered.

In the past year or so, Google Voice started doing something really frustrating on my Samsung Galaxy S10 with Verizon (always kept up to date, albeit I don't believe my phone model has anything to do with the issue).

After calls I ignore or don't answer, Google Voice has a full screen display come up with the call a second time. The worst part is this ignores the sound settings on my phone, so even when my notification settings are on silent, my phone vibrates.

Has anyone else experienced this? I assume it makes the call ring a long time and so some hang up before getting to voicemail.
    02-15-2020 01:42 AM
    2 things to check.
    What is the forwarding setting Voice?
    Open Settings, Notifications, Google Voice and change the notification type to sound only.
    Good luck
    02-15-2020 08:56 AM
    I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.
    02-15-2020 02:28 PM
    Have you enabled anything in accessibility settings?
    02-15-2020 03:30 PM
    Thanks methodman89. I checked the notifications as described and it's a hot mess in there. My email appears twice, although what you describe isn't there at all. Still, I turned a lot off - let's see if that helps! Will update either way.

Mustang7757 - I haven't enabled anything in accessibility settings I'm aware of. I don't even understand why that would be related to this, but these things sometimes are confusing and don't behave as expected.
    02-17-2020 10:43 AM
    Ah, I went to the forwarding notification settings in the app and found something strange - my number / "Android device" is listed twice, and if I turn one off they both turn off.
    02-17-2020 10:50 AM
    Ah, I went to the forwarding notification settings in the app and found something strange - my number / "Android device" is listed twice, and if I turn one off they both turn off.
    Clear the cache partition and reboot, too.
    02-17-2020 10:57 AM
    Thanks methodman89. I checked the notifications as described and it's a hot mess in there. My email appears twice, although what you describe isn't there at all. Still, I turned a lot off - let's see if that helps! Will update either way.

Mustang7757 - I haven't enabled anything in accessibility settings I'm aware of. I don't even understand why that would be related to this, but these things sometimes are confusing and don't behave as expected.
    Hi ,
    I'm just asking general questions , as I don't know what you have done to your phone or how you use it , like I mentioned people play with settings,install launchers, root,etc..

Edit: could be a talk back feature you enabled in accessibility .
    02-17-2020 11:09 AM
    Hi ,
    I'm just asking general questions , as I don't know what you have done to your phone or how you use it , like I mentioned people play with settings,install launchers, root,etc..

Edit: could be a talk back feature you enabled in accessibility .
    I have Talk Back off. But thanks for adding the specificity to know what to look for!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-17-2020 12:55 PM