Are read receipts on Samsung messages accurate? If someone deletes your message without reading it is it possible to give a false 'read' receipt? Does the actual message have to be opened to gain a 'read' receipt? If the notification is cleared when it pops up does this generate a 'read' receipt, rather than actually viewing the whole text message in the app?
    Thanks
    02-18-2020 05:06 AM
    Good question. I have no idea but you can test this yourself
    kct1975 likes this.
    02-18-2020 05:10 AM
    Are read receipts on Samsung messages accurate? If someone deletes your message without reading it is it possible to give a false 'read' receipt? Does the actual message have to be opened to gain a 'read' receipt? If the notification is cleared when it pops up does this generate a 'read' receipt, rather than actually viewing the whole text message in the app?
    Thanks

How do I test this myself Galactic Zoo?
    02-18-2020 06:21 AM
    Get someone to send you a message with read receipt request on their phone, when you get it the message just delete it and ask the person to send you the message what happened
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-18-2020 06:42 AM
    I had thought of that, I thought you meant I could try myself with my own phone texting myself - I tried that and it didn't show anything. I have a dual sim too (personal and work) and tried doing it that way round but again didn't seem to have any type of chat conversation (blue) as delivered etc. Will get on this with a friend texting me using their android device! All the messages that I send to a particular number (an old friend) all show as 'read' but when I saw them recently they said they were not reading my messages - so I was confused as this would not be the case if they are all marked as 'read'. Anyhow... will need to experiment myself for any future confusion! Thanks
    Galactic Zoo likes this.
    02-18-2020 07:08 AM
    I've found those notices to be unreliable in general and don't even bother paying attention to them. I'll often send a text and get a reply without even getting a delivery receipt.
    methodman89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-18-2020 07:13 AM
    [Merged duplicate threads ]
    02-18-2020 09:26 AM
    Thank you all for your comments. Will test it out on a friend anyway because I am just very curious now if nothing else.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-18-2020 11:29 AM
    Thank you all for your comments. Will test it out on a friend anyway because I am just very curious now if nothing else.
    If they deleted without going in and reading it , I don't think it will show read .
    02-18-2020 12:25 PM
    I agree Mustang7757, I think they would remain as 'delivered' if not actually going in and seeing the thread! Even if deleted as a full conversation from list of contacts in the app I think it would remain as 'delivered'. It makes me think that when someone says they haven't read messages (yet it shows as 'read') they have in fact read them and then deleted them perhaps!
    02-18-2020 02:10 PM
    I agree Mustang7757, I think they would remain as 'delivered' if not actually going in and seeing the thread! Even if deleted as a full conversation from list of contacts in the app I think it would remain as 'delivered'. It makes me think that when someone says they haven't read messages (yet it shows as 'read') they have in fact read them and then deleted them perhaps!
    Yes I would agree there .
    02-18-2020 02:23 PM
    It makes me think that when someone says they haven't read messages (yet it shows as 'read') they have in fact read them and then deleted them perhaps!
    Or they could just be busy, glanced at it to remove the notice, then got distracted or forgot about it with whatever else they have going on. I wouldn't read so much in to the situation. If it's that important that someone needs to know and respond to you, why not call them?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-18-2020 02:24 PM
    Exactly , I dont think they deleted but maybe busy like mooncatt mentioned.
    02-18-2020 02:27 PM
    Yup, sometimes someone doesn't want to talk though! It's one of those types of 'situations'... Awkward! Thanks for all your comments. I will probably never know. I am just the curious sherlock holmes type and like to 'know'!
    02-18-2020 04:35 PM
    Or they could just be busy, glanced at it to remove the notice, then got distracted or forgot about it with whatever else they have going on. I wouldn't read so much in to the situation. If it's that important that someone needs to know and respond to you, why not call them?
    You can talk on this thing too?
    02-18-2020 04:42 PM
    You can talk on this thing too?
    That's the rumor!
    02-18-2020 05:08 PM
    Hahahaha
    02-19-2020 03:18 AM