How do you unlock phone if the screen is cracked?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
For phones that have front fingerprint sensor under the display (e.g. Note 10), how do you unlock the phone if the phone screen is cracked?

If the phone is cracked (fingerprint/pattern/pin do not work), how do you unlock it and save/backup/copy data to your pc before you send the phone for repair?

Whenever the phone is connected to PC via USB cable, the phone needs to be unlocked then the phone files will appear on PC Windows 10.

Thanks

Last edited:

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Connect mouse/keyboard via OTG, reboot phone and enter password.

If the screen is totally cracked that you cannot see anything on the screen, I assume it will your method will not work?

I guess your method only pin numbers will work, pattern and fingerprint will not work? Once after you restart phone and try luck pressing the pin numbers on the keyboard?

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
What I'd do is go to a store that has the same phone, or put someone else's next to yours and go thru the motions to get the keyboard and press in your code in the same place as the numbers are on the other phone or are you saying you can see things but they aren't working? You might want to just go get a screen put on at Batteries Plus or at one of those red cross repair places.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae