After clearing the cache on my galaxy S5 (via the Settings app), my phone never boots past the "MetroPCS" logo, it is just stuck there indefinitely.

I went into "Recovery/Manual Mode", and did the "Wipe cache partition" there too. Cache wipe completed successfully. But still, my phone still never advances past the logo screen!

On the recovery/manual mode screen my phone is listed as
    6.0.1/MMB29M/G900T1UVU1GQC2

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    03-26-2020 04:11 PM
    Hi , welcome!
    Power it off force off by holding power button until phone turns off then see if it goes through if not factory reset through recovery
    03-26-2020 04:16 PM
    Hi , welcome!
    Power it off force off by holding power button until phone turns off then see if it goes through if not factory reset through recovery
    Thank you! Holding the power button does not turn off the phone while it is stuck on the logo screen. The only thing that could turn the phone off at that point is physically removing the battery : (

Short of doing a factory reset, would somehow flashing my phone with the stock rom (if available/possible) instead perhaps resolve the issue?

Also, I've read in several places that clearing the cache is supposed to be a "safe" operation, at least on a stock rom. But, does that mostly apply to the "Recovery Mode" option to "Wipe cache partition" ? Because prior to that I used the phone's "Settings" App to clear the cache...
    03-26-2020 05:56 PM
    Thank you! Holding the power button does not turn off the phone while it is stuck on the logo screen. The only thing that could turn the phone off at that point is physically removing the battery : (

Short of doing a factory reset, would somehow flashing my phone with the stock rom (if available/possible) instead perhaps resolve the issue?

Also, I've read in several places that clearing the cache is supposed to be a "safe" operation, at least on a stock rom. But, does that mostly apply to the "Recovery Mode" option to "Wipe cache partition" ? Because prior to that I used the phone's "Settings" App to clear the cache...
    Yeah trying flash with stock firmware will factory rest it also not sure on the older Samsung phones if you could save user data .

Clearing cache is usually safe , but your talking about doing this on a aging phone and on a very old Andriod version .

Once your able get out if this , recommend clearing cache in settings instead of recovery just for the fact it's a older phone .
    03-26-2020 06:14 PM
    why were you clearing the cache? was there a problem you were trying to fix because it could be related.
    03-26-2020 06:33 PM
    why were you clearing the cache? was there a problem you were trying to fix because it could be related.
    It was just to clear up some space for some apps I wanted to update from the play store

Yeah trying flash with stock firmware will factory rest it also not sure on the older Samsung phones if you could save user data .
    Ahhh, so I guess factory reset is the only way to go

I have most of my data saved on an external SD card, but it looks like I'll still lose my text messages, and probably a few new contacts or so (haven't backed up my contacts in a while).
    03-26-2020 06:52 PM
    It was just to clear up some space for some apps I wanted to update from the play store

Ahhh, so I guess factory reset is the only way to go

I have most of my data saved on an external SD card, but it looks like I'll still lose my text messages, and probably a few new contacts or so (haven't backed up my contacts in a while).
    Yeah unfortunately that's the way you going have to go with factory reset
    03-26-2020 06:56 PM
    Hi guys! I ended up visiting a samsung service center, and they had the home binary ("home_csc" firmware image) that can preserve user data after reflash. So, my phone now works and I got to keep all of my data!
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    03-29-2020 10:46 PM
    Hi guys! I ended up visiting a samsung service center, and they had the home binary ("home_csc" firmware image) that can preserve user data after reflash. So, my phone now works and I got to keep all of my data!
    That's great to hear thanks for updating.
    03-29-2020 11:11 PM