Hardware button reassignment?

ibap#WN

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I have the option to switch phones for about the next 5 days, but I've got one gripe about many phones, and I need this one answered for Android before I make the switch.

Over a long history with cell phones, I've found that the volume control buttons are often in a location to make them easy to use, but too easy to turn the volume off when I don't want to. So you're carrying your phone, but you don't know the volume is all the way down.

In Windows Mobile there are apps to reassign those buttons (currently using AE Button Plus) or to make them responsive only to multiple presses, which can serve the same purpose.

So is there an Android app for this? Without access to the marketplace (Cyrket is down yet again) I can't determine if there is such a thing, and as far as I'm concerned, having played with the phone, this is a deal breaker.

Can anyone identify an app to serve this purpose?

Thanks.

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Don't know of an app to reassign the buttons, but as for my situation, I have the my touch and the volume rocker is only responsive to touch if the screen is unlocked.

I know there are certain games that allow the option to reassign the buttons on the face of the phone while in game-play, but have not had any need to reassign the volume rocker for the reason you are worried about as they dont work when the phone is locked.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7