I'm having problems with my Google play music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saheedinho

Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
My Google play music app doesn't seems to play music from my SD card except some selected few..
I'd delete the songs and download again yet it still won't play and other music playing apps won't play them too
I'm using it for offline player .
It always write music playback error couldn't play the track that you requested..
Any help (Nokia 4.2)
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do those music files play correctly if you move them from the SD card to Internal Storage?

Saheedinho

Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do those music files play correctly if you move them from the SD card to Internal Storage?

The ones that are playing on SD card I just moved them to Internal storage ...They couldn't play anymore it's saying error music playback error

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The ones that are playing on SD card I just moved them to Internal storage ...They couldn't play anymore it's saying error music playback error

Where did you get the music files that aren't working? Did you purchase them from a site and download them? Did you rip them from a CD? Or did you get them from some "free mp3 download" app or site?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If these are illegitimate sites, then the files could be corrupt, or there might be DRM associated with the files that is preventing them from being played. Which sites have you been using?

Saheedinho

Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
I downloaded them from most normal sites around and the songs have been on my SD CARD for years and they are playing fine just had to change my phone and it was playing fine until after 2 months the problem started

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Still not sure what you mean by "normal sites." If they're music-sharing or "free" music sites, it could still be a DRM issue. If you re-download the music files directly to your Internal Storage (and not the SD card), do they play correctly?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can only guess that it's an issue with where you're getting the files from. You don't seem to want to tell us which sites you're using, so I'm guessing they're not entirely legitimate, which is likely the main problem.

Saheedinho

Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
Ok I'm from Nigeria....
And I download from d main sites most people download music from
[sites redacted by Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members