Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Mini running on Android Froyo 2.2. My problem is when I set an mp3 file as custom notification tone / SMS tone, the tone is played in very low sound even though my volume is all the way up.

But when I play it using the Music app, it sounds normal and quite nice.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Can anyone help me?

What I do to set my custom tone is to create a folder called "Notification" in media->audio in myfiles.

I am not sure if this is Android specific or Hardware specific. But my aunt who owns a Galaxy 551 which also runs in Android experiences the same problem.

Thank you!

PS. Custom call ringtone sound fine. Only the custom SMS and notification tone becomes low
    07-03-2011 06:29 AM
    Which volume are you adjusting? The ringer volume won't have any impact on your notifications. Ringer is for calls only. Get a sound mixer app and make sure that the notification volume is turned up.
    07-05-2011 08:24 AM
    Which volume are you adjusting? The ringer volume won't have any impact on your notifications. Ringer is for calls only. Get a sound mixer app and make sure that the notification volume is turned up.
    Hi takeshi, thanks for replying,

All my volume in the sound settings are full volume (even notification volume). I downloaded ringdroid and used it to set up my custom notification / SMS ring tone, but it still does not work.
    07-07-2011 06:12 AM