Google vs Samsung Pay

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Which one is overall better? I had been using Google, but of late have run into problems with it at some stores. Does Samsung Pay work where ever Google Pay is accepted?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Which one is overall better? I had been using Google, but of late have run into problems with it at some stores. Does Samsung Pay work where ever Google Pay is accepted?
Google pay and Samsung pay are both equally accepted at the same amount of stores. The advantage of Samsung pay is that for the older credit card readers with magnetized strips, Google pays not accepted there most ePayment methods aren't. Only Samsung pay is backward compatible at those. just depends on which one you want to use at the end of the day. honestly though ,it's really your choices to which payment method you want to use. although I will say this much, I tried Samsung pay on my older Galaxy s8, and the electronic payment method transactions speed was much slower than Google pay. It almost made me not want to use the service. Google pay is much faster and much more seamless.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I switched because I keep getting asked for a PIN with Google Pay and I forgot it. I changed my Google account PIN, but font know if that's the same thing as a PIN for POS payments.

Samsung Pay lets me change my PIN right inside the app.