print to asus router RT-AC88U from google fi phone Nexus 5X oreo 8.1.0

telecomtom

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
Hello my first post. I have a question: I'd like to print HP LaserJet 3050 connected to my home router asus RT-AC88U from google fi phone Nexus 5X running oreo 8.1.0. We've already configured and printed from Win10 PCs, laptops, desktops, but can't print from fi phone. We've tried everything we can do from searching but no success . If anyone in this forum has an asus RT-AC88U and google phone with oreo 8.1.0, and if you've been able to print from your phone, please explain what you did to get the phone to see the printer or print server located on the router. (The printer is HP LaserJet 3050 connected to router with USB 2.0 cable.) Any suggestions? -- thanks

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Introductions forum to the General Help forum, since you have a specific question.

Although Google Cloud Print is getting phased out in the near future, have you given it a try?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
When you added the printer on the Windows computer, was it added as though it was shared from another device or was it added directly as a network printer?

I have a Pixel 2 XL and have the option of printing to my printer. My Printer is a Brother laser and is connected to my Synology router through the network (not USB cable as yours is). I know I don't have the setup you're asking about, just explaining my setup (and that it works) to help get an understanding of your setup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis