Microphone works for handset operation, but turns off in speakerphone so calls cannot hear me.
    04-14-2020 06:58 PM
    Note: I did a factory reset and it didn't help. Phone is about 5 months old....
    04-14-2020 07:01 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Since you've already went the nuclear route with the factory reset, there's not going to be much else we could help you with that wouldn't have already been included in the reset process. About the only thing you could try is see if it still happens in safe mode. If not, then it's one of the apps you installed. If it does happen, then I'd suggest getting in touch with LG for tech support or warranty claim.
    04-14-2020 08:07 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. LG said to reset, then if not fixed, ship in for repair. I'm thinking it would have to be software based as the mic works fine in handset mode. Maybe I'll try checking various apps for permissions, and/or another phone app....
    04-14-2020 08:54 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The speakerphone typically uses the secondary mic at the top of the phone, not the primary mic at the bottom. So if the secondary mic's opening isn't blocked or clogged by anything (like a poorly fitting case or lint), then the mic itself is probably faulty.

If you take a video and then play it back using headphones, do you hear stereo sound, or sound only out of one channel? If the latter, that would support the theory that the secondary mic is faulty (since that mic would act as the left stereo mic).
    04-14-2020 10:24 PM