the phone companies has a battery you can't take out, because the police can track you all the time.
    And they can keep up with everywhere you go.
    And where you are at.
    Cause your phone always has power to it.

If so

Don't this invade on my privacy.
    04-30-2020 08:50 AM
    No, that's not the reason. Phones with removable batteries had harder cases on the batteries, taking up room. As companies perceived that consumers wanted thinner and lighter phones, moving to a soft-sided battery saved space and weight. That also meant the battery would be more vulnerable to damage if the consumer was allowed to pull it out. By making it non-removable they also eliminate a possible point of failure by having it hard-wired in rather than relying on making contact when it's inserted.

Also, by making the back non-removable they can better seal the device against water and dust intrusion.
    TgeekB and ManiacJoe like this.
    04-30-2020 09:01 AM
    And the phone breaks easier.
    You have to have a phone case, adding weight back to the phone, right.

And you can't have spare batteries to carry with you.
    04-30-2020 09:09 AM
    Does making the devices thinner more fragile? It might, but as I noted in my first reply the manufacturers believed that the consumers wanted thinner and lighter devices so they made them.

You CAN carry spare batteries with you, you just have to plug them into the phone with a cable. Realistically - having the removable battery for this reason satisfied a small number of folks in the overall market so it's not really worth spending the R&D on it.
    04-30-2020 09:28 AM
    phones with removable batters were not as waterproof or dust resistant as they are now. phones with removable batteries were more likely to get damaged by the users when they are regularly switching batteries. phones with removable batteries were actually heavier because there had to be more protection between the battery and the rest of the hardware. phones with removable batteries also had cases available.
    04-30-2020 10:08 AM
    phones with removable batters were not as waterproof or dust resistant as they are now. phones with removable batteries were more likely to get damaged by the users when they are regularly switching batteries. phones with removable batteries were actually heavier because there had to be more protection between the battery and the rest of the hardware. phones with removable batteries also had cases available.
    It's more to serve the manufacturers and carriers than the consumer's interests.
    For one of the most expensive devices not to have easily replaceable LI packs is bs. High end cams, tools, DVMs, etc all do.
    They're clever little rabid gerbils; they could do it if it $erved them too. It doe$n't $o they don't.

From the get go practice LI battery conservation.
    >Keep device temps low, always below 100F, below 80F is better but impractical unless charging.
    >With waterproof phones wrap a clean damp rag around it when charging to cool it. Under it when using it on hot days or if running hard/warm like when gaming.
    >With new Samsung's enable fast charging and use only the 25 watt charger/fast charge cable. It yields more MAHs at a lower temp.
    >Charge to 72%, avoid going over 90%
    >Leave screen off while charging to speed charge, reduce temperature.
    >Discharge to 30-40%, avoid going below 20%
    LI's wuv partial cycles like this and will more than double the life many times.
    On my Note 10+ this 30% duty cycle yields over 5 hours of constant use. The charge takes less than 20 minutes.
    I charge like this 2 or 3 times a day.
    Wear on the LI pack isn't even one wear cycle if kept cool a week in theory... we shall see how well it does.

This beats charging to 100% then suffering smaller and smaller MAHs of available charge!
    With my usage rates charging the pack 100% would suffer noticeable damage in less then a year.
    Soon I have less available MAHs ie use time then I do now using a limited duty cycle strategy.

This should add at least another year plus of life to the pack.
    Even with fast charging the pack charges slowest below 20% and especially above 99% (always avoid this!).
    Best charging range for speed seems to be from 40% to 72%; it goes at over 2% @ minute.

The Accubattery App helps you visualize the wear cycle.
    I'm still playing with the free version of it. It displays battery temp which is useful too.
    04-30-2020 10:48 AM
    It's more to serve the manufacturers and carriers than the consumer's interests.
    For one of the most expensive devices not to have easily replaceable LI packs is bs. High end cams, tools, DVMs, etc all do.
    They're clever little rabid gerbils; they could do it if it $erved them too. It doe$n't $o they don't.

From the get go practice LI battery conservation.
    >Keep device temps low, always below 100F, below 80F is better but impractical unless charging.
    >With waterproof phones wrap a clean damp rag around it when charging to cool it. Under it when using it on hot days or if running hard/warm like when gaming.
    >With new Samsung's enable fast charging and use only the 25 watt charger/fast charge cable. It yields more MAHs at a lower temp.
    >Charge to 72%, avoid going over 90%
    >Leave screen off while charging to speed charge, reduce temperature.
    >Discharge to 30-40%, avoid going below 20%
    LI's wuv partial cycles like this and will more than double the life many times.
    On my Note 10+ this 30% duty cycle yields over 5 hours of constant use. The charge takes less than 20 minutes.
    I charge like this 2 or 3 times a day.
    Wear on the LI pack isn't even one wear cycle if kept cool a week in theory... we shall see how well it does.

This beats charging to 100% then suffering smaller and smaller MAHs of available charge!
    With my usage rates charging the pack 100% would suffer noticeable damage in less then a year.
    Soon I have less available MAHs ie use time then I do now using a limited duty cycle strategy.

This should add at least another year plus of life to the pack.
    Even with fast charging the pack charges slowest below 20% and especially above 99% (always avoid this!).
    Best charging range for speed seems to be from 40% to 72%; it goes at over 2% @ minute.

The Accubattery App helps you visualize the wear cycle.
    I'm still playing with the free version of it. It displays battery temp which is useful too.
    what does your post have to do with the op??? only the first paragraph is related.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-30-2020 10:54 AM
    Police aren't actively tracking you all the time. E911 services are always available, though, which is crucial if you're in mortal danger and incapacitated -- emergency services would then be able to locate your phone without you actually having to answer a call or even turn on the phone. I realize these are cynical times, but try to take that for what it is -- an emergency function to save lives.
    me just saying likes this.
    04-30-2020 11:50 AM
    More conspiracy theories.
    me just saying likes this.
    04-30-2020 12:32 PM
    Police aren't actively tracking you all the time. E911 services are always available, though, which is crucial if you're in mortal danger and incapacitated -- emergency services would then be able to locate your phone without you actually having to answer a call or even turn on the phone. I realize these are cynical times, but try to take that for what it is -- an emergency function to save lives.
    I disabled that right off the get go, lol.
    Never expect someone to save you in time.
    Being self sufficient is a survival trait. Once it goes to where you need 911 to survive you are in deep waters.
    Been there, done that... was lucky to have some of the best to extract me quickly. And I was unable to make that call even if I had wanted too.

If the phone is on they can triangulate your location if two cell towers are in range otherwise with one your approximate area. No way around this if you want cell service.
    The NSA is known to passively tract and automatically record cell tower location data/time stamp/calls made. They have that capability, the storage capacity to do so, and more.
    Anyone remember the old AT&T switchroom black rooms? Ha!
    The NSA's by plugged in for over half a century... long before this:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_641A

No joke.
    04-30-2020 12:33 PM
    Glad you got rescued. But my point was that this can be helpful without the person actually having to answer (or make) a call, or even turn on the phone, in case they're incapacitated.

I'd rather not go down this rabbit hole, so I'll just leave it at that.
    04-30-2020 01:20 PM
    Glad you got rescued. But my point was that this can be helpful without the person actually having to answer (or make) a call, or even turn on the phone, in case they're incapacitated.

I agree. Too many people, at least in the U.S., are unwilling to work together as a community. Not worth arguing about though.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-30-2020 01:36 PM

I became aware of the AT&T black rooms over 20 years ago. A good friend was a lineman for PA Bell for over 40 years. One was in the master switchroom he worked out of... they were common.
    Off limits to him...
    The Cold War changed things is ways most are still unaware of even today.

Or how about this:
    Stingrays on MQ-9 Reapers, out of sight far above... oh my.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingray_phone_tracker

That's only one platform and level of stealth surveillance available today... the rabbit hole goes so deep you'll never find the bottom.
    04-30-2020 02:03 PM
    I disabled that right off the get go, lol.
    Never expect someone to save you in time.
    Being self sufficient is a survival trait. Once it goes to where you need 911 to survive you are in deep waters.
    Been there, done that... was lucky to have some of the best to extract me quickly. And I was unable to make that call even if I had wanted too.

If the phone is on they can triangulate your location if two cell towers are in range otherwise with one your approximate area. No way around this if you want cell service.
    The NSA is known to passively tract and automatically record cell tower location data/time stamp/calls made. They have that capability, the storage capacity to do so, and more.
    Anyone remember the old AT&T switchroom black rooms? Ha!
    The NSA's by plugged in for over half a century... long before this:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_641A

No joke.
    What method allows triangulation with only 2 receivers? This would save the fcc alot of time. Please elaborate.
    04-30-2020 03:17 PM
    the phone companies has a battery you can't take out, because the police can track you all the time.
    And they can keep up with everywhere you go.
    And where you are at.
    Cause your phone always has power to it.

If so

Don't this invade on my privacy.
    If you're concerned, place your phone in a faraday bag when you want to go stealth.
    You can make your own, use one of the free ones that come with some electronics, or online. Good luck
    04-30-2020 03:28 PM
    I became aware of the AT&T black rooms over 20 years ago. A good friend was a lineman for PA Bell for over 40 years. One was in the master switchroom he worked out of... they were common.
    Off limits to him...
    The Cold War changed things is ways most are still unaware of even today.

Or how about this:
    Stingrays on MQ-9 Reapers, out of sight far above... oh my.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingray_phone_tracker

That's only one platform and level of stealth surveillance available today... the rabbit hole goes so deep you'll never find the bottom.
    You have way too much spare time.
    Javier P likes this.
    04-30-2020 04:05 PM
    Ooookay, gonna put a little temporary hold on this thread.
    04-30-2020 04:17 PM