Why in the world am I moving to iPhone

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I’ve never really seen the difference. They’re scattered all over in the app drawer, right?
Whatever works you. The aren't scattered, they are sorted by your preference. Also there are lots of apps that I don't use that often that I don't want on home screen. In any event, it's a personal preference.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Whatever works you. The aren't scattered, they are sorted by your preference. Also there are lots of apps that I don't use that often that I don't want on home screen. In any event, it's a personal preference.

It is. Whatever is most aesthetically pleasing I guess.

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Face ID, battery life, camera, 5 years of updates, exclusive apps like Due app, and Enlight Photofox app. Better app quality. Upload pic, video to Instagram and Snapchat without compressing

ebrandwein

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I miss iMessage. Apple's messaging service works much better than just plain SMS/MMS. Airdrop was nice too. Beyond those 2, I'm happy with my s10e.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
I miss iMessage. Apple's messaging service works much better than just plain SMS/MMS. Airdrop was nice too. Beyond those 2, I'm happy with my s10e.

It's interesting to hear how the other ones evolved.
XPx64>Kitkat>Pie was my path.
Much of what's important to Apple users means nothing to me.
Strange and somewhat disconcerting how these corporations create and shape their own cultures.
Google is no exception and the worst offender.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
try quick share on your s10e, it only works with other Samsung devices but works just as fast and seemless as air drop.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that makes it more palatable but I still prefer an app drawer

I feel like we've gotten spoiled with app drawers - I've never liked having cluttered homescreens, or even multiple homescreens. Or maybe it's not even that we've been spoiled - we just need them to exist!

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
This is easy for me. Facetime and iMessage. When 9.5 out of 10 friends are on iOS things can get difficult. For me they have to download a secondary video chat and use SMS. The SMS is seamless for them but what isn't is the downgraded quality of pictures and videos. Say what you want but trying to get the to use another service just for the 3 android users is a large task because their services work great for them. I would gladly pay Apple a fee for the ability to use those services on my Android phone. BUT I WOULD NEVER SWITCH JUST TO GET THOSE FEATURES.

agree with you. I wish Android had built in video calling i.e Duo presinstalled and native, etc. Also like you stated, the degradation in image quality with sms compared to when imessage folks share things, is pretty disappointing. My main issue is I hate being the dreaded green text for all my ios friends/coworkers. Its such a me vs them mentality its getting old. And i'm a 40 yo in the medical field and people still make comments. UGH.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
I feel like we've gotten spoiled with app drawers - I've never liked having cluttered homescreens, or even multiple homescreens. Or maybe it's not even that we've been spoiled - we just need them to exist!

I organize my app drawer and use it like one would the Edge pull out, faster too. Keep Google and Samsung apps in their own folder there.
Like having a second home screen with extra pages one swipe away.
Keeps me down to just the Home page plus one more page for tools and apps I'm playing with a lot.

My Note has more pull out swithes/shortcuts than I ever thought possible plus the S pen tricks.
The Good Lock apks are incredible. One Hand Operation + is a favorite. They consume little power or resources, perfect.
I like user friendly smart Androids... a lot.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I organize my app drawer and use it like one would the Edge pull out, faster too. Keep Google and Samsung apps in their own folder there.
Like having a second home screen with extra pages one swipe away.
Keeps me down to just the Home page plus one more page for tools and apps I'm playing with a lot.

My Note has more pull out swithes/shortcuts than I ever thought possible plus the S pen tricks.
The Good Lock apks are incredible. One Hand Operation + is a favorite. They consume little power or resources, perfect.
I like user friendly smart Androids... a lot.

That sounds like a great setup!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
try quick share on your s10e, it only works with other Samsung devices but works just as fast and seemless as air drop.

There's also snapdrop. Cross platform sharing. I haven't actually used it yet, but Jon Rettinger approves of it, so I'm pretty sure it's safe to use.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
That sounds like a great setup!

I really like it.
Literally a total of 7 independent control zones operating from all sides plus my clock widget has 4 more touch switches/apk shortcuts on its quadrants.
It was a quantum leap from my S4+ running on Kitkat.
Below is a screen shot of one of the control panels of the One Handed plus app and crude diagram of it's layout which very customizable.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200505-151340_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200505-151340_Gallery.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I could remember that many gestures lol
I really like it.
Literally a total of 7 independent control zones operating from all sides plus my clock widget has 4 more touch switches/apk shortcuts on its quadrants.
It was a quantum leap from my S4+ running on Kitkat.
Below is a screen shot of one of the control panels of the One Handed plus app and crude diagram of it's layout which very customizable.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
I don't think I could remember that many gestures lol

No joke... you need to play with it.
Some are doubles because upwards gestures towards the corners is cumbersome. You can completely customize the gesture cues, even add a second set of short/long swipes to control two different functions.
That's too crazy for me.
It's slide out nav bar option comes in handy.

It doesn't notate as you're using it what it's switching although it will show an arrow indicator to show it's being triggered. You can even pause on a stroke or backup to stop the command.
Highly recommend this app.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Agreed....that would make my head hurt.

You can limited it to just one command per zone or even just one side zone; completely user friendly*.
Very versatile.
Make it as simple or complex as you wish...
Perfect for a curved screen phone; use that lost real estate... you can adjust the position/length of the zones as well as how wide they extent outward from the side. Nearly seamless integration.
I give this app 5 stars... play with it.

*lol, I use PowerAmp too and got that tamed, this isn't nearly as complex, pretty intuitive but you need to explore it fully to realize it's potential. I'm still dialing it in after a couple months, I tweak it bit and use it for a while, or if I don't like the tweak I change it.
I use it to turn off the screen and power off too. Literally have 3 different ways to turn off this device. Have Double Tap running too. No conflicts.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You can limited it to just one command per zone or even just one side zone; completely user friendly*.
Very versatile.
Make it as simple or complex as you wish...
Perfect for a curved screen phone; use that lost real estate... you can adjust the position/length of the zones as well as how wide they extent outward from the side. Nearly seamless integration.
I give this app 5 stars... play with it.

*lol, I use PowerAmp too and got that tamed, this isn't nearly as complex, pretty intuitive but you need to explore it fully to realize it's potential. I'm still dialing it in after a couple months, I tweak it bit and use it for a while, or if I don't like the tweak I change it.
I use it to turn off the screen and power off too. Literally have 3 different ways to turn off this device. Have Double Tap running too. No conflicts.
Been there, done that

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae