I did discover the History feature that can show me where I recently left off in an album, which is useful for recently played albums, but obviously not as much for albums I might have listened to a few weeks or months ago. And that's still not a listen count ...
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-11-2020 10:41 PM
    I did discover the History feature that can show me where I recently left off in an album, which is useful for recently played albums, but obviously not as much for albums I might have listened to a few weeks or months ago. And that's still not a listen count ...
    Where do you find the listen count in GPM? I tried looking for it last night, but to no avail.
    10-13-2020 12:09 AM
    Where do you find the listen count in GPM? I tried looking for it last night, but to no avail.
    Only available on the GPM website. I was always kind of annoyed they didn't also have it in the app.
    Grabber5.0 and Morty2264 like this.
    10-13-2020 12:22 AM
    The next step has happened - the store for purchasing tracks in GPM has been shut down.
    https://www.droid-life.com/2020/10/1...sales-stopped/
    10-13-2020 05:02 AM
    The next step has happened - the store for purchasing tracks in GPM has been shut down.
    I nearly sent out a couple of pointless angry tweets yesterday when I saw those headlines.
    10-13-2020 08:16 AM
    I nearly sent out a couple of pointless angry tweets yesterday when I saw those headlines.
    I think it SUX also!

I just recently read an article where the author of the article wondered why anyone was still 'buying music' with all of the Streaming options.

Personally, I perfer purchasing the music I like so that I can listen to it whenever I want.

One of the problems I have with paying for streaming services, vs purchasing the music is having to pay monthy for 'stations' that I don't necessarly want and I also don't like the thought of having to pay monthly for my favorite music.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    10-16-2020 07:16 PM
    Go to takedown.google.com to download all your music stored in gpm.
    10-16-2020 08:42 PM
    Only available on the GPM website. I was always kind of annoyed they didn't also have it in the app.
    Oh, thank you so much for telling me! I thought I had a few screws loose because I couldn't find the view count in the app. 🤣
    B. Diddy and Kizzy Catwoman like this.
    10-16-2020 10:05 PM
    Oh, thank you so much for telling me! I thought I had a few screws loose because I couldn't find the view count in the app.
    No worries. They sent me an email about it several weeks ago and I was able to download all the music I had stored on their servers.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-17-2020 02:26 AM
    No worries. They sent me an email about it several weeks ago and I was able to download all the music I had stored on their servers.
    Phew! Wait, I thought the music shifted to YouTube?
    10-17-2020 09:04 AM
    Phew! Wait, I thought the music shifted to YouTube?
    You can shift it, which I did but if you want to download it you need to grab it from takedown before the GPM servers shut down.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-17-2020 09:23 AM
    You can shift it, which I did but if you want to download it you need to grab it from takedown before the GPM servers shut down.
    Oh man! Thank you for letting me know! I guess I'll have to finally say "yes" when that YouTube advert pops up...
    kct1975 likes this.
    10-18-2020 01:19 PM
    Thank to all for this great discussion it's very helpful
    kct1975 and Morty2264 like this.
    10-20-2020 06:34 AM
    Thank to all for this great discussion it's very helpful
    So glad you are finding it helpful! It's great to have these kinds of discussions, and get our questions answered too!

I *finally* agreed to transfer my music from Google Play over to YouTube. Apparently the transfer could take a day or two. I've also downloaded the YouTube Music App but haven't had the chance to play with it just yet.
    kct1975 likes this.
    10-20-2020 10:13 PM
    Don't worry, it's really not as bad as some might lead you to believe. I think since Google has finally committed to this path, they're also committed to improving the experience (albeit little by little).
    Morty2264 and kct1975 like this.
    10-20-2020 10:21 PM
    Don't worry, it's really not as bad as some might lead you to believe. I think since Google has finally committed to this path, they're also committed to improving the experience (albeit little by little).
    Thank you! It does seem as if Google is trying to ease us into things, and making an effort - which was made apparent by the 50+ 'switch your GPM over to YTM today!' prompts I've received over the past few months. 🤣
    B. Diddy and kct1975 like this.
    10-20-2020 10:22 PM
    I just wish when they came out with new apps or services to replace existing ones that they fully "baked" the replacement app or service before shutting down the old one. I get that the user base is actually beta testing as the features roll out (even if they don't know it) but shutting down a service before its features are fully replicated is turning people off from using the new service.
    Grabber5.0 and kct1975 like this.
    10-21-2020 08:38 AM
    I'd uninstall YTM in protest, but I can't, because it's a preinstalled app now. Not that it would do any good.
    10-21-2020 08:46 AM
    I just wish when they came out with new apps or services to replace existing ones that they fully "baked" the replacement app or service before shutting down the old one. I get that the user base is actually beta testing as the features roll out (even if they don't know it) but shutting down a service before its features are fully replicated is turning people off from using the new service.
    Old habits die hard.
    10-21-2020 10:39 AM
    Old habits die hard.
    Harder when they don't give you a worthwhile replacement. YTM was complete trash when they launched it, and still not feature equivalent. It will probably never be, given their track record. I may or may not be angry.
    10-21-2020 01:08 PM
    Thank you! It does seem as if Google is trying to ease us into things, and making an effort - which was made apparent by the 50+ 'switch your GPM over to YTM today!' prompts I've received over the past few months.
    Yeah, I've seen that message a hundred times it seems. Now they're straight up being blunt (and not entirely truthful ("..the features you love are are waiting for you in YouTube Music"):
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-21-2020 01:12 PM
    I'm most bummed about not being able to purchase individual tracks/albums from Google anymore. I still like to buy songs I like. :/
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    10-21-2020 02:46 PM
    Yeah, I've seen that message a hundred times it seems. Now they're straight up being blunt (and not entirely truthful ("..the features you love are are waiting for you in YouTube Music"): [IMG=1000x750]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201021/09a705075f20b885a12b16582e4d7d8c.jpg[/url]
    Oh, yes! I too noticed that they had gone from mere whispers or full-out shouts with regards to their advertisements!

I did get a chance to use the YouTube Music App today, and it was actually pretty good. I played one of the "made-for-you" playlists and was pleasantly surprised to see the selection they'd created for me. It's still a little odd to sift through but I do see some similarities to GPM and I'm hoping that with time, I'll get more used to it.
    10-21-2020 09:55 PM
    Looks like some people have started losing access to GPM already. I read an article prematurely saying it was dead, but several commenters said it was still working for them, as it is for me.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-23-2020 08:47 PM
    Looks like some people have started losing access to GPM already. I read an article prematurely saying it was dead, but several commenters said it was still working for them, as it is for me.
    Oh, wow! Seriously? That seems a little extreme - and scary! But I guess they have warned us for a while... I was just afraid to lose the music I'd paid for over the past few years.
    10-23-2020 10:14 PM
256 ... 891011