Does Facebook show more ads for Android than for iOS?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

I have a couple of ad related questions and I hope I've come to the right place.

1. Does Facebook show more ads for Android than for iOS?

2. Does the instream video ads show up as often in iOS as they do in Android?

I'm basically just wondering if we see less or more ads within Facebook based on the type of phone OS we use?

Thanks in advance!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If I was a betting man, I'd say that there may be "slightly" more ads with Android. I only feel this way because Apple seems to lock everything down, bottle it up and serve it in a portion controlled bowl. Plus they want everything to be an "experience" so I could imagine them doing something to affect the user experience even on FB. On the other hand big boy Zuck, makes money selling that ad space. Probably more on the information he syphons out of each user but $0.003 here and there ads up, pun intended. There are a few cross platform users around here, I'm just not sure if they FB. Maybe this bump will get you some better answers.

I tried seeing if there were any videos on YouTube comparing the two platforms and I only found one from the quick search and it was from 2015, so probably too old to really be useful. I did on the other hand come across several that said iOS is not allowing this and cutting that, and one that said FB was doing something just for iOS...

To reply to this thread and to get notifications when your thread is commented on please register an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I use the app on both platforms and have noticed no difference, but there may be one.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't use any social media sights.

Just don't trust them.

The owner of Facebook pops on tv and gives his point of view.

Never have trusted him.

Seen people loose their jobs, over social media sights too.

Got friends that are in Facebook all day.
It controls their life.