Hello.
    I have a Samsung galaxy tab a 7 t285.
    I sprayed Alcohol to tablet for against Coronavirus and therefore it destroyed!
    Sim cart section corrupted and can not call or internet.
    Sound sometimes work and sometimes not any sound.
    I want use this tablet as eBook reader.
    I have chosen airplane mod but cellular use battery.
    Cellular use all battery in few hours.

I want to know How i can disable cellular and simcart by delete or editing some files in tablet. my tablet is rooted and i can edit and delete drivers files.
    Also sound.
    Please help.
    Thanks
    10-07-2020 03:03 AM
    Remove the SIM card. Airplane mode disables cellular. If that doesn't happen, consider the tablet destroyed. (You sprayed something other than alcohol - the fix for a wet phone is to immerse it in alcohol. Alcohol doesn't damage tablets. Look at the ingredients carefully - there's something else in there. [70% alcohol is 30% water. 90% and higher alcohol is safe. Drinking-type alcohol is death to electronics.])
    10-07-2020 12:59 PM
    If airplane mode isn't working it's likely you damaged your tablet and it's a hardware problem at this point. Something shorted out and is draining the battery.
    10-07-2020 01:34 PM
    hello
    Thanks for helping me.
    I want to know how i can disable cellular driver.
    In PC when a module has problem we go to windows device manager and disable it and then no electricity receive to that device.
    If android do not request any hidden and background about cellular it will not any battery usage.
    Please say where is file of cellular data drivers.
    Thanks
    10-07-2020 02:19 PM
    Android is not Windows and does not function the same way, you can't disable drivers like that. Google/Samsung don't give you access to disable something like that.

Even if you could, that is a software level disable which is the same thing airplane mode does, so I doubt it would actually stop the power draw.
    10-07-2020 02:38 PM
    Hello all.
    Thanks tried help me.
    My problem solved.
    (Cell standby) was eating all battery in a few hours! I saw an Iranian forum. and read why cell standby eat all charge of battery even though airplane mode is on!
    I do these and problem solved:
    1) airplane mod must be on.
    2) mobile hotspot must be off.
    3) settings > wi-fi > off > more > Always allow scanning > scan only while wi-fi is on = enable (not scan always).
    4) no app must request simcard and cell all must disable so disable some message options.
    5) Messages app > more >more settings > Push messages = off
    6) Messages app > more >more settings > multimedia messages > (auto retrieve = off) and ( read and delivery reports = off)
    7) Messages app > more >more settings > text messages > (delivery reports = off)

Now each time i charge several days works.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-16-2020 10:46 AM
    Glad you found the problem
    10-16-2020 10:59 AM