At what month of owning a phone do you get the "Upgrade Itch"

tfitzpat03

Jan 17, 2019
Visit site
This may be an odd way to put it but let's be honest; we all get the urge to upgrade at some point. It can be looked at as a sad thing to some, but others just genuinely love the latest and greatest phones for the newest tech.

For me, I start to get the upgrade Itch around the 15 month mark. I currently own a Pixel 3a and I love it but I would be lying if I said I haven't been flirting with the pixel 5 lol. While I do like the pixel 5, I have ultimately decided to hold off at least until the pixel 6 comes out.

At which time of owning a phone do you get the upgrade Itch?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Not really, I usually upgrade every two years. The last time I had a bad urge to upgrade before two years was when the note 7 was released. I came very close to doing it, had it in my shopping cart and went to order it, there were technical difficulities. As it turns out, it was a good thing it did not go through.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Well, I got the, "I've had my phone for 15+ months, and someone had it a year before me, so I need to replace the battery" itch. Sadly, I hate that they didn't keep the removable back for the Note phones. Else it wouldn't even matter.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Ooohhh, that's a toughie! Great thread question, however! I'd say around the year mark - 10-12 months - is when I first start to get the itch. But not always. It was a slower itch with my Google Pixel 2, and a pretty nonexistent itch with my S10 at a little over a year of use. I think it truly depends on the phone; what's out there for options; and my budget.

But honestly, at the moment I don't see anything that's worth upgrading just yet. Maybe I'll get the Pixel 5 in six months, but I'm in no rush to think about new phones. And if you know me, that's a real shocker!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Since the S20U and Note 20U not as much itch. These are 2 really great devices with the Note having the upper hand.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Every three years at the minimum, used to be every year as the cycle was newer and more innovative. Now they're just a bore with marginal improvements.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I try to ignore the itches since it generally gets expensive. I only just recently switched daily drivers from a Blackberry Z10 to a Samsung A21. I'd still be using the Z10 if the battery and browser didn't suck after all these years. Personally, for me the industry push to have people want to often change phones/devices is somewhat just a money making ploy. Sorry, I am not really the one to consult for a good answer to your question, but figured I'd offer an alternate related viewpoint.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
as soon as another phone comes out. I want to try them all but I'm forcing myself to stick with my s10e for at least two years.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I itch when a new phone is launched. Currently itching over the 4a or 4a5g. Nearly bought a 3a off ebay today. I miss having a pixel but not going to bite. My S10+ is still going strong

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I itch when a new phone is launched. Currently itching over the 4a or 4a5g. Nearly bought a 3a off ebay today. I miss having a pixel but not going to bite. My S10+ is still going strong

I too get an itch when I see a new phone getting launched - especially a new Pixel and now, new Samsungs. The FE and Pixel 5 are what I'm looking at now, but I too will hold back!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma