With rumored S-Pen support on the S21U, is this the last Note model??

Cletis169_1

Aug 29, 2018
Visit site
If it does I won't be upgrading. What is the point of pen support if you have nowhere to put the pen? Something else I have to carry with me and hope I don't lose it or break it.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
unless it has a port for the s-pen, imo, it is useless. I do not want to keep track of the pen and most likely lose it. Fortunately the rumor also says no port, no pen included. I will stick with the note series at this time.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If it does I won't be upgrading. What is the point of pen support if you have nowhere to put the pen? Something else I have to carry with me and hope I don't lose it or break it.

Opens up a whole line of cases like they do with iPads with clips or silos to the side. The S21U won't have to reduce their battery size like they do with the Notes because of that silo.

People that don't and carry in pocket or purse... a great opportunity for Samsung in selling replacement S-Pens lol. Also increases sales in S-Pens because... 1, sold seperately... and 2, people that wouldn't have bought a Note or use an S-pen will buy it anyways and then put it in their drawer.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
unless it has a port for the s-pen, imo, it is useless. I do not want to keep track of the pen and most likely lose it. Fortunately the rumor also says no port, no pen included. I will stick with the note series at this time.

Doesn't the Note have a Find my S-Pen feature?? I think it can at least notify when the two separate too far. I'm definitlely with ya, I guess I can keep it in my backpack but wouldn't want to have to go fishing for it.

Not sure I'd buy it cause I really haven't used mine much at all. I have an iPad 11" Pro and haven't bought a pen yet because it wasn't the main reason I bought it to upgrade my previous Air2.

Cletis169_1

Aug 29, 2018
Visit site
Doesn't the Note have a Find my S-Pen feature?? I think it can at least notify when the two separate too far. I'm definitlely with ya, I guess I can keep it in my backpack but wouldn't want to have to go fishing for it.

Not sure I'd buy it cause I really haven't used mine much at all. I have an iPad 11" Pro and haven't bought a pen yet because it wasn't the main reason I bought it to upgrade my previous Air2.
There is a feature that notifies you when they are apart. The problem is where to store it. Jeans pocket so it might break when you sit down. If there is no storage then to me it is a worthless feature.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they kill the Note yet. The Fold is still just a gimmick and they wouldn't give up that Fall launch window to the iPhone and Pixel.
Samsung has a lot of phones and with the underlying tech very similar for the S series and Note it likely doesn't cost a lot more to produce the Note.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Opens up a whole line of cases like they do with iPads with clips or silos to the side. The S21U won't have to reduce their battery size like they do with the Notes because of that silo.

People that don't and carry in pocket or purse... a great opportunity for Samsung in selling replacement S-Pens lol. Also increases sales in S-Pens because... 1, sold seperately... and 2, people that wouldn't have bought a Note or use an S-pen will buy it anyways and then put it in their drawer.
You can invent a thousand reasons why it's a good idea, but it still sucks if it isn't bulit in.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
S series and Note series has different markets... Why would Samsung force its customers to just use 1 series? And about people doing rumors and stuff... I can bet after S21 launch, they will be making videos of Samsung ending the S series and only making Note series. They just want clicks...

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
if the rumor is true, maybe it could be a test to see if users will purchase a pen separately. If most do, maybe it would be enough of a reason for samsung to drop the note series.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
The Note series survived the whole Note 7 firestarter fiasco so I think it's safe for now. They may at some point turn the S ultra/+ line into the Note though. I could see that happening but I hope not.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't think they kill the Note yet. The Fold is still just a gimmick and they wouldn't give up that Fall launch window to the iPhone and Pixel.
Samsung has a lot of phones and with the underlying tech very similar for the S series and Note it likely doesn't cost a lot more to produce the Note.

People said that the phablet was a gimmick......

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I personally feel that they haven't killed it off yet as long as there isn't a S series that can house the S Pen. Give me a break - who in their right mind would carry a friggen S Pen separate like that unless they weren't serious about wanting the pen in the first place. It's not like a tablet that you make space to carry in a case. You thought just tuck your tablet into your pocket and go. But a lot can happen from now until launch.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I never heard that and I sold the things for a living lol

C'mon now - when the first Note came out everyone made fun of the size saying it wasn't necessary. I was the only "clown" walking around with this gigantic phone. Hell, Steve Jobs also declared that people don't want big phones or styli.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm