Question regarding new-created Google account.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I recently created a new Google account, as I plan on deleting my old one.

However, due to OCD (and wanting to start fresh), I hard-resetted my phone so that the Play Store is also fresh and clean.

The thing is, i hard-reset the phone 3 times in a row and as a result, now the phone appears 3 additional times in the list of my Trusted devices (showing in the Security tab of the Google account).

Would this cause any potential hiccups or it's ok? What happens if I remove (sign out) the 3 additional devices that my phone appears in and just leave one?

In addition, I've used the same First/Last name, just generated a new GMAIL address. I've read at some places that Google doesn't allow you to create more than 1 account with the same name. How come I managed to do it, then?

Lastly, I addded my old phone number (which I used for the creation of my old account) as a verification method - would that cause any issues? For reference, I used my current phone number to receive a code when creating the account, I later removed it and input the old number as a recovery option.

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Lastly, I addded my old phone number (which I used for the creation of my old account) as a verification method - would that cause any issues? For reference, I used my current phone number to receive a code when creating the account, I later removed it and input the old number as a recovery option.

I'll start here. Why do this? Will it cause a problem? CERTAINLY, if you need to recover your account you won't be able to do so with an invalid phone number.

Would this cause any potential hiccups or it's ok? What happens if I remove (sign out) the 3 additional devices that my phone appears in and just leave one?

I don't see any harm in removing the extra old entries.

In addition, I've used the same First/Last name, just generated a new GMAIL address. I've read at some places that Google doesn't allow you to create more than 1 account with the same name. How come I managed to do it, then?

I have two accounts myself. I don't see any harm in having multiple accounts, and the warning about creating multiple accounts with the same name may be regarding the actual account name (which wouldn't be possible to do anyway). The other concern might have been for services such as YouTube and (when it was around) Google+, they maybe wanted to avoid someone having a second account and "boosting" their content on those platforms.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I'll start here. Why do this? Will it cause a problem? CERTAINLY, if you need to recover your account you won't be able to do so with an invalid phone number.

Thanks for the reply. Regarding your comment above, I successfully managed to add my old phone number as a recovery method - even received a text code on that number to verify it. I still use that number and it's active on a phone I have.

Why would it then be considered invalid?

I am simply stating it's the same number that I used 6 years ago to create my first Google account (which I will soon delete). Just worried if I will be able to continue using that number as a recovery option for my new account.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
In my mind, "old phone number" is one that you'd no longer have and was replaced with a "new phone number". I guess that terminology confused me.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
In my mind, "old phone number" is one that you'd no longer have and was replaced with a "new phone number". I guess that terminology confused me.

Yes, sorry for the confusion - should've clarified it.

So do you think it would be fine on the new account in the long run? Also, how many times can I add and remove that same number (in case i change my mind)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad