How would Android benefit from Google buying RIM?

candroid90

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Lately rumors are flying that Google might acquire RIM at some point in the future. If it happens how do you think Android would benefit?

candroid90

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
That would be great. But how would Android benefit from a software standpoint, I heard something about Android being able to be built around the QNX kernel.

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
BBM to android.
a Nexus phone with a physical keyboard.
non-touch based android designs directly from google (i'm sorry, but the droid pro and all the "buisiness" android phones ARE STILL A TOUCH SCREEN), some people do not like touch screens and prefer the physical keyboard. i like both.

......DroidBerry? android with the shell and look of a blackberry?
EDIT:: scratch that, the Samsung Captivate already looks like a blackberry storm

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Google will be able to push Android into the Corporate environment with a lot more trust. With respect to design...Android is a touch screen OS, in my opinion. Motorola has a candy bar design with physical keyboard and implements the touch screen technology. I don't see this being the primary shift in phone design...but a few good physical keyboard phones will be great.

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Google will be able to push Android into the Corporate environment with a lot more trust. With respect to design...Android is a touch screen OS, in my opinion. Motorola has a candy bar design with physical keyboard and implements the touch screen technology. I don't see this being the primary shift in phone design...but a few good physical keyboard phones will be great.

yes, but, i'm talking no touch designs.

i think the ORIGINAL android designs were keyboard phones from HTC
picy
200px-Android_mobile_phone_platform_early_device.jpg

that dates...i think late 2007 early 2008...i think.

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Buy rim for the patents and the ability to slap "Blackberry Certified"
on an android phone. If google buys them I imagine it will be for cannibalization.

Sent from my T-mobile G2 using Tapatalk