End of an era

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It looked like an interesting place to visit and browse. Too bad they are shutting down.

Yeah, those were good times -- being able to browse through so many different electronics stores like Fry's, Micro Center, CompUSA, Circuit City, Good Guys ...

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
We never had Fry's here in Cleveland. I miss CompUSA and Circuit City, though. I always had fun and could spend hours looking at all the stuff I wanted.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
COMPusa gives back memories and not the good kind. Sales staff didn't even know what RAM did on a computer and couldn't explain to a customer why having more is a good thing. Tried to get a job there once and they said I wasn't qualified.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, those were good times -- being able to browse through so many different electronics stores like Fry's, Micro Center, CompUSA, Circuit City, Good Guys ...

Yep "those were the days" as Archie and Edith would sing.... I have very fond memories of browsing and buying from all those places :D We're still using a big screen Panasonic tv we got from CompUSA a million years ago :eek: ;) although it's reached it's end of life (just like CompUSA), and is being replaced. It still feels a little unreal how all those businesses (and many, many others) have disappeared :-\ The day's of choices, and wandering big stores full of cool tech and great deals, seem to be gone. I miss them :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol