He has joined the dark side, hehehe...

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Finally!!!
My man had been on Apple ecosystem for years. As we moved away from the city and to areas with no WiFi, Apple products were frankly getting frustrating.
In September, more out of sheer rage at Apple than anything else, I got the Note 20 Ultra and I loved it so much I got the S7 5G tablet a couple months later.
... I've been bragging about the ease, speed and power and user friendliness of my new Samsung devices while he was waiting for his iPhone and iPad to load anything... And failing.

Well finally yesterday he couldn't take it anymore, marched himself to Verizon and bought the Galaxy S21 Ultra.
And then ordered the S7 + tablet (not sure I'm saying this right, it's the same as mine but the bigger one)
He's picking it up next week.

The man is smitten.
He's worse than me 🤣🤣🤣

And the most shocking of all:
I, self admitted tech moron with the broken brain, get to teach him how to set up and use his new phone.
I'm also showing him all the cool things he'll get to do with his tablet.

And they say old ogres don't learn new tricks 😜😁

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This is AMAZING! It feels good going to the green side, doesn't it? So glad you are both loving your Android experiences!

Donglelife872

Mar 3, 2021
Visit site
I'm glad you're enjoying your experience! I felt a similar way when I moved away from Apple to the S5 in 2014.

Perhaps Apple's moved away from 'authoritarian computing' (my catch-phrase for it); it's been 6 years since I used the thing, but one always had to do it Apple's way. By your description, it sounds like they haven't.

I always wondered why people put up with not being able to change a playlist or add music to the device, other than one's home PC.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
This is absolutely how I feel about Apple and Apple products. Apple's way or the highway.

I can't stand Apple's shady business tactics and what used to be ridiculously greedy pricing, but the market has forced them to change, enough that I've considered possibly trying an iphone out. I pretty much only use pixels, and I've always heard pixels are the iphone of the Android world, so there's a small part of me that wonders how much I might like an iphone. Blasphemy I know :eek: :p

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand Apple's shady business tactics and what used to be ridiculously greedy pricing, but the market has forced them to change, enough that I've considered possibly trying an iphone out. I pretty much only use pixels, and I've always heard pixels are the iphone of the Android world, so there's a small part of me that wonders how much I might like an iphone. Blasphemy I know :eek: :p

iPhone is a pretty nifty product, I must say. My husband's entire family (minus maybe two people) use Apple products. I wouldn't mind giving iPhone a try but I just don't think I'd be satisfied in the long run. Lack of customization and having to pay for Apple products that will only work with iPhones are definitely inconvenient.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
If you have great WiFi everywhere you go, Apple devices work flawlessly albeit being somewhat limited in customization compared to Android.
But if you're like me and my man and live in the boonies where there never any WiFi, stick with Samsung

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If you have great WiFi everywhere you go, Apple devices work flawlessly albeit being somewhat limited in customization compared to Android.
But if you're like me and my man and live in the boonies where there never any WiFi, stick with Samsung

Lack of customization is one huge reason why I don't think I could do iOS.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
He's a convert!
My man loves his new phone, got the Galaxy S7+ tablet and he is absolutely smitten. Can't believe it took him so long to switch from Apple.
There was definitely a learning curve but he's a total pro at this now including using the stylus.
Best decision ever!

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I think Apple makes a good OS for the masses who want it to just work out-of-the-box...period!
If they allowed me to customize my phone the way Android does, I would surely give them a try because ...who doesn't want their expensive communications/computing/banking//////device to just work??? But, if they continue to insist on what "they" think my home screen should look like, I will never own any Apple product. My money, their loss!

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I switched to the iPhone 12 Pro to take a break from Android for a year. I’ve only been on it for 5 months and am ready to move back. I will just stick it out for another 7 months till half of this thing is paid off. I’ll either get the Pixel 6 or the S21. Hopefully by then the price comes down on both or they run some kind of deal. The smoothness of this phone is great but there are definitely some things I don’t like. It’s really the little things. For the past week or two we’ve been having trouble with Apple Pay and it working with our debit cards. Also when you add a new card, you have to call to authorize usage on your phone. Which is just stupid IMO. The expectation when switching to iOS is that you’ll instantly take pictures and videos that are light years better than Android. Which is definitely not true. I think I’m most annoyed with not being able to download MP3’s and being able to transfer them to my pc. I knew that going into it.

The one thing I do like about iOS is the stability and smoothness of apps. There are literally no app stutters or bugs due to incompatibility to whatever phone or version of the OS I’m on. I am a little bit bummed that there are no more new phones with SD card slots. Especially with the size of apps and media such as videos and pictures. If you constantly upload and download pictures and videos to Google Photos, they end up getting compressed to where the quality degrades. If we had an easy way to offload them to a hard drive on a PC, at least we could retain the quality.

I’m not an Apple guy so I don’t have a Mac or any other Apple accessory or device.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have an iPhone 7 as I have a few family and friends on it and I have an Appel Watch that needs an iphone. (I need a watch with good sleep tracking and after my Huawei watch became unreliable I couldn't find a watch that was accurate enough.)

I detest a notch and will never buy a newer iphone with one. Don't need the power in an SE so £150 plus a new battery for a 2nd hand 7 was fine for me. I don't like certain apps on iOS like the Amazon app. It is better on android. But iPhone will always be an extra phone for me, not a daily driver.

I do prefer an iPad over android tablets so I have the cheapest one available and it works well for me.

Other than that I love my S10+ and my Pixel 4a 5G and android customisation is brilliant. I am addicted to kwgt packs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech