Gmail app/Google app keep crashing[Andriod webview causing issues]

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue with Gmail app crashing? I open it up and it immediately force closes. Same with Google Search app. I have not recently installed anything...

I have tried clearing cache and data.

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried uninstalling and re-installing. Same thing. Allowed me to open it once.... And now keeps crashing.

I have since also wiped the cache on the entire device.... Didn't work. I'm finding other apps are also not working... Like outlook. Any suggestions besides hard reset?

Last edited by a moderator:

kidqwik

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Gmail app/Google app keep crashing

Anyone else having an issue with Gmail app crashing? I open it up and it immediately force closes. Same with Google Search app. I have not recently installed anything...

I have tried clearing cache and data.

I'm having the same exact thing happening. It started a few hours ago. Gmail, Search, other apps are crashing. Like a lot. Nova isn't sticking and it keeps going back to One UI. The phone is running hot too. Even when I go into Settings and try to click on some things, they're not working either. What happened? I'm on Verizon and have an S21 Ultra. I tried uninstalling updates that came through but that doesn't seem to work. Also my phone is now not receiving texts. WTF is going on? It's like the phone is starting to stop working all of a sudden.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

If it had only been the OP I might have thought an app but with someone else having the same issue its got me wondering.

Have either of your tried in safe mode? If it's an app that should sort it out. If it's a real system issue you'll have the problems even in safe mode.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Just started with me also. Aqua Mail & PayPal keep crashing.

Guess I should not have been playing around with Nova launcher.

Does this have something to do with Nova? Just start playing around with Nova again a couple of days ago.

I have Verizon S21 Ultra also. Lot of apps crashing all of a sudden. WTF ?

kidqwik

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

I tried in safe mode and same stuff is happening. Things keep crashing instantly. My defaults keyboard isn't saved. The phone keeps putting all these apps to sleep because it says they're crashing. And the phone gets hot when things crash. This all happened around 4pm EST. I uninstalled Gmail just now and reinstalled and it worked and then it stopped working.. Google Search isn't working and crashes. It's like the whole OS is falling apart. What could be happening? Do you have Verizon chefmorry?

kidqwik

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

That actually worked! Android System Webview LLC. I uninstalled it and things are working again! Yay! What happened?

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

See my post above yours.
Uninstall Android system webviewer from Google store........

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Alright reading this post jinxed me cause I no sooner than responded and closed tapatalk and my apps stated crashing. Tapatalk and Castbox for me so far. I've opened a handful of other apps just to check and they all seem fine. Of course I didn't open everything and none of my affected apps can opened in safe mode. Reinstalling them brings them back but once I close them out starts again.

Yep. That seemed to work. Although it only seemed to Uninstall the update but whenever as long as things are working.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyerphann

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site

Ok, not an expert here, but having the same problem on my old S6. How do I uninstall the "Android system webviewer". I find it on the phone (tho says disabled), I can search/find it on play store, but don't see an option to uninstall. What am I doing wrong (besides still using an S6)?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

SEVERAL ANDROID APPS DOING THIS NOW. No updates. All of a sudden this started on Yahoo mail, gmail, even android central app crashing. Looked at reviews on Yahoo mail in Google play store and Yahoo said something going on with Android on numerous apps and they are working with Google to figure out what's happening. Major issue across many apps

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

SEVERAL ANDROID APPS DOING THIS NOW. No updates. All of a sudden this started on Yahoo mail, gmail, even android central app crashing. Looked at reviews on Yahoo mail in Google play store and Yahoo said something going on with Android on numerous apps and they are working with Google to figure out what's happening. Major issue across many apps
Try andriod webview Uninstall