I realize there are multiple ways for file sharing. Wondering what others use.

I'm particularly interested in an "easy", cross platform sol'n - sharing with iOS devices, Macs, Windows, Linux, etc.- hopefully with just a single app or technology to/from my Android phone. Although sharing w/iPhone is likely the "lowest common denominator" in my case 😉 I can likely work around the others w/that sol'n. Thanks for any input.
    07-08-2021 03:22 PM
    There is an app called Join that used to be cross platform. Not sure if it still is.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....joaomgcd.join
    07-08-2021 05:48 PM
    I typically share via Google Drive.
    methodman89 and BergerKing like this.
    07-08-2021 08:39 PM
    If you mean sharing a link to a file - most cloud services offer that -
    07-10-2021 04:14 AM
    Small files I share between laptop, tablet and phone using Whatsapp, Bluetooth or email or the File Manager+ app over wi-fi.

Larger files (like a complete music library refresh) I usually use a USB cable with the laptop as intermediary if need be.
    07-10-2021 04:49 AM
    I realize there are multiple ways for file sharing. Wondering what others use.

I'm particularly interested in an "easy", cross platform sol'n - sharing with iOS devices, Macs, Windows, Linux, etc.- hopefully with just a single app or technology to/from my Android phone. Although sharing w/iPhone is likely the "lowest common denominator" in my case I can likely work around the others w/that sol'n. Thanks for any input.
    Yeah as others have said a cloud service like Google Drive works great. I also use Telegrams' saved messages feature to share files between all my devices.
    07-10-2021 07:25 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I was on vacation with iPhone users, and one of them wanted to share a photo, and she just said "air drop", and the others then did whatever to get the pic, while one of them said to me, "sorry, you can't get it." LOL
    07-10-2021 03:55 PM
    As others have said, I normally use Google Drive in these situations. When Google finally rolls out Nearby Share to all Android phones we will have something similar to Air Drop
    07-10-2021 05:22 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I was on vacation with iPhone users, and one of them wanted to share a photo, and she just said "air drop", and the others then did whatever to get the pic, while one of them said to me, "sorry, you can't get it." LOL
    Just iPhone users being iPhone users.
    07-10-2021 05:37 PM
    Nearby share and Wi-Fi direct should really be universal in my opinion. Would help avoid interoperable issues between brands/OSs.
    07-10-2021 07:37 PM
    I tried sharing an image with an iPhone over Bluetooth, which is supposed to be a wireless technology standard, last time I checked. Of course, Apple blocks iPhones from BT sharing with non-Apple devices.
    07-10-2021 09:39 PM
    They do not know what they don't know. Apple snobbery took the place of any of them to think critically, and simply share a drive link, message or email it. But always remember, when alone in a crowd of Apples, watch your 6.
    07-10-2021 09:54 PM
    Free apps Google for sure,Though there are several cross platform appts that works with all of your required OS. Most do cost a little money,Just depends what services you need.
    07-11-2021 02:28 AM
    There are plenty of methods have to share files from phone to phone or phone to laptop. Basically, the below-mentioned methods come as default features of Android and iOS.

- Bluetooth file transferring (This method is old and transferring speed is very low)
    - Wifi Direct (Considerably fast)

Furthermore, there are few secured file transferring apps that have a few times faster file sharing as well as many of various types of file format supporting. Those applications are coming with different features and numerous options for users. I would like to tell few examples for your reference.

- Xender (Fastest file sharing application and highest security. it is completely free. Cross-platform support)
    - Shareit (Considerably fastest file-sharing and moderate security. There are free version with limited features and paid pro versions are available. Cross-platform support)
    - Zapya (Just another example for your reference)

Anyway, I thought that you got the proper answer to your question.

Do you have any issues? Please comment below.

Thank you!
    S. Keller
    09-13-2021 09:54 PM
    I use my Google Drive for sharing Android to Mac. At work I cannot access my Google Drive on the computers due to security constraints so I email pictures and documents to my work account.
    09-13-2021 11:21 PM
    I use an app called ShareIt, originally from Lenovo, which allowed me to share files between multiple phones and my laptop, it was super-quick and handy.
    09-13-2021 11:26 PM
    upload to google drive / google photos, and share the link
    10-17-2021 12:33 AM