08-28-2021 03:03 PM
35 12
tools
    I'm just curious to how many people out there have a favorite device that they have used/are using? When I say device, I mean an Android based phone.

I think my favorite/best device I have ever used so far is the Note 10 Plus. My LG V30, which I purchased in 2018 and still have, however, is a very close second.
    07-12-2021 04:44 AM
    I love my S10+ for features but my favourite phone was the Pixel 2xl cos I found it sexy in panda. But I am loving my pixel 4a 5G now so I dunno what is my absolute favourite. Probably the 2XL.
    07-12-2021 06:00 AM
    My favorite is any Pixel
    07-12-2021 06:32 AM
    What a great thread topic! Thank you for posting! It's hard for me to pick my all-time favourite. I'd say the Google Pixel 2 was my favourite (I had it in White and loved it), and a close second was my Honor 8. I loved how unique that phone was - and also that no one knew what kind of phone I was using. Two really great devices.
    07-12-2021 07:03 AM
    What a great thread topic! Thank you for posting! It's hard for me to pick my all-time favourite. I'd say the Google Pixel 2 was my favourite (I had it in White and loved it), and a close second was my Honor 8. I loved how unique that phone was - and also that no one knew what kind of phone I was using. Two really great devices.
    Thanks!

I love my S10+ for features but my favourite phone was the Pixel 2xl cos I found it sexy in panda. But I am loving my pixel 4a 5G now so I dunno what is my absolute favourite. Probably the 2XL.
    I always wanted the S10+ when it was first out, but honestly, I couldn't get past that huge pill shaped cutout. I would kind of consider the Note 10+ like an S10+ on steroids with an S-Pen.
    07-12-2021 08:08 AM
    I still prefer an offset hole punch to a centered one. The one on the 4a 5G is nice and out of the way. The bigger one on the S10+ can obstruct at times but there is a setting in one of the good lock apps that allows the screen to end before the punch hole in whichever apps you choose. So I have done that for my dragon game and it helps. I can't get past the notch in an iPhone though and think it is plain ugly ugly ugly. It is why I stuck to an 8 plus as a spare phone. I will keep it until it dies or Apple gets rid of the fugly notch.
    Laura Knotek and 1raygin like this.
    07-12-2021 09:28 AM
    I still prefer an offset hole punch to a centered one. The one on the 4a 5G is nice and out of the way. The bigger one on the S10+ can obstruct at times but there is a setting in one of the good lock apps that allows the screen to end before the punch hole in whichever apps you choose. So I have done that for my dragon game and it helps. I can't get past the notch in an iPhone though and think it is plain ugly ugly ugly. It is why I stuck to an 8 plus as a spare phone. I will keep it until it dies or Apple gets rid of the fugly notch.
    Personally, I would rather just have a bit of a bezel like the Note 9. I like my display uninterrupted, but the infinity hole punch will do. I would prefer it in the top left corner like Oneplus does.
    07-12-2021 10:48 AM
    Mine would be the LG V20 (sucks they are getting out of the market).

IPS LCD screen
    All metal body
    Bezels
    No notches/hole punches
    Replaceable battery
    IR blaster
    Functional secondary screen
    Best manual camera controls
    Awesome microphones (arguably better than the V60)
    Quick Slide floating apps

What is there not to love?
    07-12-2021 11:06 AM
    Mine would be the LG V20 (sucks they are getting out of the market).

IPS LCD screen
    All metal body
    Bezels
    No notches/hole punches
    Replaceable battery
    IR blaster
    Functional secondary screen
    Best manual camera controls
    Awesome microphones (arguably better than the V60)
    Quick Slide floating apps

What is there not to love?
    Shame they have left the industry.
    07-12-2021 11:29 AM
    Phone - Pixel 3a
    Laura Knotek and BerryBubbles like this.
    07-12-2021 12:48 PM
    Seems like my favorite phone is usually my current phone, which now is a Samsung Note 20U. My Husband's favorite is his Samsung 10+, which is his current phone.

I have to admit that I still miss my Blackberry 9900. Outstanding hardware & keyboard. It's in my closet, so I still visit it.
    Laura Knotek and the_boon like this.
    07-12-2021 01:03 PM
    Mine would be the OG 2013 Moto X. It was my first Android phone. I loved the shape and the rubbery back, since I could hold it easily and didn't need to use a case. It was also fun to place on the table or desk and turn it into a big fidget spinner. LOL.

I loved the Moto gestures and the fact that it was otherwise almost stock Android. It was a very fun phone and convinced me to stay with Android, even though I only got one other Moto phone later.
    07-12-2021 01:41 PM
    My panda Pixel 2XL, for sure. It inspired my avatar! ������ Still used it 'till October of last year. Had I not dropped it w/o a case a couple times and then eventually drowned it while in Hawaii, I could see myself still happily using it today.
    07-12-2021 03:58 PM
    My panda Pixel 2XL, for sure. It inspired my avatar! ������ Still used it 'till October of last year. Had I not dropped it w/o a case a couple times and then eventually drowned it while in Hawaii, I could see myself still happily using it today.
    The Google Pixel 2 XL seems to be a favourite for a lot of users! My friend got his at launch and used it for over two years! It seems to be a phone that works and works well, and so people stick with it.

With regards to the Panda look, I really hope they bring that design back. I know the 6 is *sort of* reminiscent of it, but if they could actually bring back the black and white design, that would be amazing!
    07-13-2021 07:04 AM
    Mine would be the OG 2013 Moto X. It was my first Android phone. I loved the shape and the rubbery back, since I could hold it easily and didn't need to use a case. It was also fun to place on the table or desk and turn it into a big fidget spinner. LOL.

I loved the Moto gestures and the fact that it was otherwise almost stock Android. It was a very fun phone and convinced me to stay with Android, even though I only got one other Moto phone later.
    Same here...my 2015 Moto X Pure Edition introduced me to tons of cool features I never imagined a phone could do.... it was my first experience with a phone that was also an automatic assistant... whether I was driving, across the room, hands full or whatever. I almost never touched it, I answered calls, made calls, and everything else imaginable all with my voice. That and the build quality, pure android, big screen for the time, big front facing boombox speakers, and curved textured rubber back which made it a dream to hold kept me amazed for the 2+ years I used it.

I still use it to sync my Fitbit... I just used it last night. I enjoyed it as much as ever
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-14-2021 10:54 AM
    That poor phone got the red-headed stepchild treatment
    07-14-2021 10:57 AM

Moto phones are awesome! I've always wanted to try one.
    Laura Knotek and J Dubbs like this.
    07-14-2021 05:49 PM
    Right now the BlackBerry KEY2 is what I keep coming back to, despite how many different phones I've tried in the last few years.

But my favorite has to be the Priv, aside from the abysmal performance (thanks Qualcomm for that 808...)

Most phones out these days I don't find exciting or interesting to use. I get bored of them after a few weeks at the most.
    Grabber5.0 and BerryBubbles like this.
    07-15-2021 09:13 AM
    Moto phones are awesome! I've always wanted to try one.
    I had the Droid Bionic from them as my first flagship grade Android. That thing was built like a tank! Moto use to be known for great radios and signal reception too, but not sure if that's still the case. I also loved that voice dialing was via their own dedicated dialing app instead of Google Assistant (GA wasn't even around yet). Using GA to voice dial is hit and miss a lot of the time.
    J Dubbs and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-15-2021 09:41 AM
    I used to simply love my Xiaomi Mi MIX, first edition, when I had it.

Nowadays I just like my Note 10+ and my iPhone 12 Pro Max the same.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-15-2021 03:07 PM
    HP(Palm) Pre3 just edges out the Pre2. Bigger screen, higher res, wonderful physical keyboard. I used a Pre2 as my daily driver for years. I couldn’t use the Pre3 as my daily because it wasn’t supported by my carrier, so it was always a secondary device, but I still have and love them. Long live webOS!
    Honorable mention to my BB KEYOne, which was unfortunately too memory constrained and drove me nuts trying to use Google Maps navigation in the car. Notice a pattern? My favorite devices all had physical keyboards. Sigh.

I guess I didn't really follow the rules, but honestly I just don't love any Android device. I used several (and an iPhone 5) during the time a Pre or Pre2 were my daily drivers, but I always got frustrated with them and went back. Unfortunately so little beyond basic telephony and sms still works on webOS, that it's just not very useful as a primary device any more. The one Android device that I never had any real complaints about was my first Nexus 5X that I used until it bootlooped on me. I still think it had the best photo quality of any Android phone I've ever owned. A zoom lens would have made it perfect. I eventually activated its replacement, but performance after the Android 7 update was disappointing, so now it mostly collects dust and serves as a backup device when traveling.
    07-15-2021 04:42 PM
    HP(Palm) Pre3 just edges out the Pre2. Bigger screen, higher res, wonderful physical keyboard. I used a Pre2 as my daily driver for years. I couldn’t use the Pre3 as my daily because it wasn’t supported by my carrier, so it was always a secondary device, but I still have and love them. Long live webOS!
    Honorable mention to my BB KEYOne, which was unfortunately too memory constrained and drove me nuts trying to use Google Maps navigation in the car. Notice a pattern? My favorite devices all had physical keyboards. Sigh.

I guess I didn't really follow the rules, but honestly I just don't love any Android device. I used several (and an iPhone 5) during the time a Pre or Pre2 were my daily drivers, but I always got frustrated with them and went back. Unfortunately so little beyond basic telephony and sms still works on webOS, that it's just not very useful as a primary device any more. The one Android device that I never had any real complaints about was my first Nexus 5X that I used until it bootlooped on me. I still think it had the best photo quality of any Android phone I've ever owned. A zoom lens would have made it perfect. I eventually activated its replacement, but performance after the Android 7 update was disappointing, so now it mostly collects dust and serves as a backup device when traveling.
    I miss webOS, too. And Maemo, which I still use with my Nokia N900 occasionally. My big problem, though, is that I have all the 3 Palm Pres versions and that tiny and incredible beautiful Veer, but cannot use it anymore since they are all blocked by the end of the network HP made for them. I would love to be able to, at least, turn them on again.
    Laura Knotek and Grabber5.0 like this.
    07-16-2021 04:23 AM
    I miss webOS, too. And Maemo, which I still use with my Nokia N900 occasionally. My big problem, though, is that I have all the 3 Palm Pres versions and that tiny and incredible beautiful Veer, but cannot use it anymore since they are all blocked by the end of the network HP made for them. I would love to be able to, at least, turn them on again.
    It's sad when you have a device (or devices) you really liked, it's still running fine, and you'd like to use it just for the pleasant nostalgic feelings it brings back, but the service it relies on is no longer around. Almost like an electronic death in the family

Turn them on, scroll around a little, push some buttons and get your quick fix is about all you can do
    Laura Knotek and Grabber5.0 like this.
    07-16-2021 04:41 AM

Ah, the physical keyboard days... I do miss those! I still think I type better on a physical keyboard than a virtual one. Did you see the rumoured BlackBerry specs for a "next generation" physical keyboard? It looks pretty awesome!
    Grabber5.0 and the_boon like this.
    07-16-2021 06:14 AM
    Ah, the physical keyboard days... I do miss those! I still think I type better on a physical keyboard than a virtual one. Did you see the rumoured BlackBerry specs for a "next generation" physical keyboard? It looks pretty awesome!
    Hopefully that thing will make it to market...Seems to be primarily an enterprise device, we'll see what form factor they come up with.
    Morty2264 and Grabber5.0 like this.
    07-16-2021 11:55 AM
35 12